- The recruitment efforts may not begin until Employment Services has posted your department's vacancy.
External Recruitment - Minimum of five (5) business days. May close position any time after 5:00 pm on the fifth full business day.
University-Wide Recruitment - Minimum of five (5) business days. May close position any time after 5:00 pm on the fifth full business day.
- The interviewing process shall not be conducted until the posted position has closed so that all qualified applicants can receive full consideration.
Once the recruitment efforts have concluded, forward the following to Employment Services:
- Completed interview questions for all of the interviewed applicants.
- Reference check notes for all of the applicants whose references were checked.
- Signed offer letter for the hired applicant.
- Reference Employment Procedures 3-3 for additional information.
- Additional Resource: Procedure Index
Please make sure that you review the applications to identify applicants who may be considered under this category.
Veteran-According to Texas Government Code: § 657.003 (a) An individual who qualifies for a veteran's employment preference is entitled to a preference in employment with or appointment to a public entity or for a public work of this state over other applicants for the same position who do not have a greater qualification.
Texas Government Code:§ 657.004.
- Offer Letter Templates
- Sample Regret Letter (Applicants interviewed only)
- Sample Reference Check Form
- Reference checks should be conducted for the finalist(s) prior to a job offer. At least 2-3 previous supervisors should be contacted.
- Before conducting reference checks, please submit all questions for review to Employment Services at email@example.com.
- Once the position is filled, please forward a copy of the reference check notes for all applicants whose references were checked to Box 19175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional HR Forms