Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2011-2012
Under state guidelines, 13 holidays will be observed for the 2011-2012 fiscal year. The state does not recognize holidays that fall on a weekend. The following dates will be observed at The University of Texas at Arlington.
|Holiday||Date||Day of Week|
|Labor Day||September 5, 2011||Monday|
|Thanksgiving||November 24-25, 2011||Thursday-Friday|
|Christmas Holiday||December 23, 2011||Friday|
|Christmas Holiday||December 26-30, 2011||Monday-Friday|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||January 16, 2012||Monday|
|Spring Break||March 16, 2012||Friday|
||May 28, 2012
||July 4, 2012||Wednesday|
An employee who wishes to observe a religious holiday(s) may do so in lieu of any holiday(s) for which the employee serves as a member of the skeleton workforce required by statute or by taking a vacation day. Employees who wish to substitute a holiday should obtain their supervisor's approval as soon as possible.
There are varying skeleton workforce requirements for each holiday. Skeleton workforce requirements in the Office of Facilities Management, Police Department, Telecommunications, Housing, and the Library and leave approvals will be set by the appropriate director.
Inquiries regarding the holiday schedule should be directed to Eunice Currie, Assistant VIce President for Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 2-7091.
The vacation accrual rates and maximum carry forward rates are now set by statute. The accrual rates and carry forward amounts for a full time employee are as follows:
|Employees with Total State Employment Of||Hours Accrued per Month||Days Accrued Per Year||Max Hours to Carry Forward Year-to-Year|
|0 - 24 months||8||12||180|
|25 - 60 months||9||13.5||244|
|61 - 120 months||10||15||268|
|121 - 180 months||11||16.5||292|
|181 - 240 months||13||19.5||340|
|241 - 300 months||15||22.5||388|
|301 - 360 months||17||25.5||436|
|361 - 420 months||19||28.5||484|
|421 - or more||21||31.5||532|
Although all employees are encouraged to utilize vacation in the year accrued, employees may carry forward unused vacation from one fiscal year to the next. The schedule presented above indicates the maximum authorized carry forward. Regular employees who are less than full-time will accrue vacation on a proportionate basis, and the maximum hours to carry forward will also be proportionate.
An employee will earn vacation entitlement beginning on the first day of employment with the State and terminating on the last day of duty. Credit for one month's accrual will be given for each month or fraction of the month of employment with the State. Vacation with pay may not be granted until the employee has had continuous employment with the State for six (6) months, although credit will be accrued during that period.
Inquiries regarding vacation regulations should be directed to Eunice Currie, Assistant VIce President for Human Resources at email@example.com or extension 2-7091.
News and Announcements
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Resources
- 2014 Performance Review Memorandum
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program