Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2014-2015
Under state guidelines, 15 holidays will be observed for the 2014-2015 fiscal year. The following dates will be observed at The University of Texas at Arlington.
|Holiday||Date||Day of Week|
|Labor Day||September 1, 2014||Monday|
|Thanksgiving||November 27-28, 2014||Thursday-Friday|
|Christmas Holiday||December 23-26, 2014||Tuesday-Friday|
|Christmas Holiday||December 29-31, 2014||Monday-Wednesday|
|New Year's Holiday||January 1-2, 2015||Thursday-Friday|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||January 19, 2015||Monday|
|Spring Break||March 13, 2015||Friday|
|Memorial Day||May 25, 2015||Monday|
An employee who wishes to observe a religious holiday(s) may do so in lieu of any holiday(s) for which the employee serves as a member of the skeleton workforce required by statute or by taking a vacation day. Employees who wish to substitute a holiday should obtain their supervisor's approval as soon as possible.
There are varying skeleton workforce requirements for each holiday. Skeleton workforce requirements in the Office of Facilities Management, Police Department, Telecommunications, Housing, and the Library and leave approvals will be set by the appropriate director.
Inquiries regarding the holiday schedule should be directed to Eunice Currie, Assistant VIce President for Human Resources at email@example.com or extension 2-7091.
An eligible full-time employee accrues vacation leave and may carry it forward from one fiscal year to the next in accordance with the schedule set by State law and detailed below:
|Length of State Service||# Hours Accrued Per Month For Full-time Employment||Maximum Allowable Carryover|
|Less than 2 years||8||180|
|At least 2 but less than 5 years||9||244|
|At least 5 but less than 10 years||10||268|
|At least 10 but less than 15 years||11||292|
|At least 15 but less than 20 years||13||340|
|At least 20 but less than 25 years||15||388|
|At least 25 but less than 30 years||17||436|
|At least 30 but less than 35 years||19||484|
|At least 35 years or more||21||532|
Although all employees are encouraged to utilize vacation in the year accrued, employees may carry forward unused vacation from one fiscal year to the next. The schedule presented above indicates the maximum authorized carry forward. An eligible part-time employee accrues vacation leave on a proportionate basis. The maximum amount of vacation leave a part-time employee may carry forward from one fiscal year to the next is also on a proportionate basis.
An employee will earn vacation entitlement beginning on the first day of employment with the State and terminating on the last day of duty. Credit for one month's accrual will be given for each month or fraction of the month of employment with the State. Vacation with pay may not be granted until the employee has had continuous employment with the State for six (6) months, although credit will be accrued during that period.
Inquiries regarding vacation regulations should be directed to Eunice Currie, Assistant VIce President for Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 2-7091.
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Founders Day 2014!
- Merit Increase Guidelines for FY 14-15
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2014-2015
- LGBTQA Program
- Wellness at UTA
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Resources
- 2014 Performance Review Memorandum
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2014-2015 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2015
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program