Vacation, Sick Leave Reporting
In accordance with the Government Code 661.908 it is mandatory that all departments keep time and leave records for all benefits eligible employees.
In order to comply with the above code, each department must insure that each benefits eligible employee reports their time and attendance to a designated individual who must ultimately validate the data and insure that any absences (vacation, sick, comp time, etc.) are entered into DEFINE.
A typical scenario is that the employee records their individual time and attendance as dictated by department policy and furnishes that data to management at the end of the month. Management validates the information and provides it to a leave administrator who enters the absences into DEFINE. The DEFINE entries should be made by the 10th of the month following the month in which the absence occurred.
Example: Absences taken in August should be reported to management during the 1st 5 days of September and the DEFINE entries should be made by September 10th .
Once this data has been entered into DEFINE, the leave administrator produces a report, titled "Department Report of Vacation and Sick Leave for the month of ………". This report must then be reviewed, validated and authenticated by management and must be submitted to Human Resources, Employee Leave Services by the 15th of each month; if the 15th of the month happens to fall on the weekend, then all reports are due in Human Resources the following Monday.
|5th||Report PRIOR Month Time/Leave to Department Management|
|10th||DEFINE entries completed|
Submit to Human Resources, Employee Leave Services:
|17th||Human Resources provides departments Late/Missing Leave Reports|
|If any of the above dates fall on the weekend, the due date is the following work day.|
The timely and accurate recording and reporting of absences is a compliance item, consequently, Employee Leave Services will monitor this area and advise the respective department head when the monthly Vacation and Sick Leave reports have not been received from their units.
Employee Leave Services will provide the department head a list of those units, which have not submitted their report by the due date. This notice will be generated on the 2nd workday following the report due date.
News and Announcements
- Equifax I-9 Management
- New Employee Information
- Employee Recognition-Service Awards
- UT System Tobacco Policy Evaluation
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Applicant Tracking System Implementation
- Wellness Events!
- BCBS of Texas and Texas Health Resources Reach Contract Agreement
- FLSA Update
- State Employee Charitable Campaign (S.E.C.C.)
Benefits and Services
- Tobacco Free Campus
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan - Program Details
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- LGBTQA Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Americans with Disabilities Act Amendements Act (ADAAA) for Faculty and Staff
Data Administration and Employee Records
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Human Resources Business Partners
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidelines FY2016
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program
- Criminal Background Checks