The Blazing Race
Join the Wellness Committee and your fellow Mavericks, Wednesday May 14, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. for our 2014 Blazing Race Event! The theme this year is “Maverick Spirit Run.” So show your Maverick Spirit for a chance at some prizes! Vendors will be onsite! The Blazing Race is held as part of the UT System Physical Challenge. Please see the instructions below on how to register for this challenge.
Registration is open until May 7th BUT if you register by April 30th you can receive a free pedometer to help you track your steps. Quantities are limited, so be sure to register and get your pedometer as soon as possible.
Here are the key details:
- Get your Team together for the Blazing Race (two to six people)
- Register for the Blazing Race at: Blazing Race Registration
- The race will include a run/walk activity while stopping at various locations around the campus in competition with other Mavericks.
- There will be 2 routes, Low Impact (1 mile) and High Impact (2 mile); participants will begin with clues to lead them to several destinations on campus. If your team plans to run or power-walk, please sign up for the High Impact course.
- Complete the indemnity form https://www.uta.edu/hr/wellness/waiver/index.php
- Complete the Health Assessment (under the "Health" heading on the Living Well Health Platform) to qualify for additional prizes. So if you haven't taken it since September 1, 2013, be sure to take the Health Assessment before April 30th!!!
- NOW – Register for the UT System Physical Activity Challenge on the Living Well website www.livingwell.utsystem.edu/challenge14.htm.
- Registration opened on Tuesday April 1st and closes on May 7th.
- Visit the Pedometer Log or Cardio Log (both found under the "Exercise" heading), where you can log your activity starting on May 1. Watch this short video to learn how.
- For the UT System Physical challenge, your institution is your team, so get together with your coworkers and find ways to fit physical activity into your day. Take a walk at lunch, meet up at the gym, encourage each other to get moving – and keep track of what you do!
- Remember, the institution with the highest percentage for both registration and completion of the challenge will be awarded the coveted "Traveling Trophy!"
+UT System's "Living Well: Make it a Priority" Worksite Health & Wellness program is committed to helping you achieve your best health. Rewards for participating in a wellness activity are available to all employees. If for health reasons you believe you might be unable to meet the established requirements to earn a reward under a Living Well program, you may qualify for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means. Please contact us at LivingWell@utsystem.edu and we will work with you (and if you wish, with your doctor) to develop a wellness program that is right for you in light of your health status and provides you with an opportunity to earn the same reward. You can find more information about the 2014 Physical Activity Challenge along with additional helpful resources at:www.livingwell.utsystem.edu.
*The Living Well Health Platform is available to all UT SELECT Medical Plan members aged 18 and over - including Employees, Retirees, Dependents, Surviving Spouses, and COBRA participants.
News and Announcements
- Wellness at UTA
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Resources
- 2014 Performance Review Memorandum
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program