2012 Performance Review Memorandum and Instructions
TO: University Community
FROM: Jean Hood, Vice President Human Resources
DATE: January 28, 2013
RE: ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REVIEWS FOR A & P AND CLASSIFIED STAFF
We are all committed to valuing the contributions of our employees and to providing continuing opportunities for success and career growth. Key elements of a performance management system include goal setting and performance planning; ongoing two way communication and coaching as well as an annual performance review and assessment. A performance management system fosters open communication between employees and supervisors, allows for mutual development of future goals; identifies opportunities for training and career development and sets the foundation for individual/team reward and recognition. The annual review meeting provides managers and employees the opportunity to have a substantive conversation about past contributions and to set goals for the coming year.
Training on conducting the performance review conversation will be held in January, February and March. You can access the dates, times and locations by clicking on this link:
If you are unable to attend our training sessions on the dates provided and you would like us to offer the training session for your department, please let us know.
Annual Performance Reviews for all employees, except faculty, GTA’s and GRA’s must be completed by Friday March 29, 2013.
It will not be necessary to review the performance of employees who have had a probationary review from October 1, 2012 through December 30, 2012. After completing the Performance Reviews, all pages of the original form must be forwarded to the Office of Human Resources at Box 19176.
If you have any questions about the performance reviews, please contact us at extension 2-5554.
News and Announcements
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program