Departmental Employee Separation Process
This list is to be used as a comprehensive guideline for successfully separating employees from The University of Texas at Arlington. It is intended to provide you with resources, links and points of contact to complete this important process.
Please note that not all items listed will apply to the separating employee.
The appointment will need to be terminated in Human Resource Management System (HRMS), located at https://utdirect.utexas.edu/hrms/index.html (You will be prompted to enter your UT EID and password)
o The appointment must be terminated in HRMS, even if it has previously expired.
o DEFINE Education has provided a comprehensive guide to HRMS processing, available at http://www.uta.edu/policy/public/define/detailed-steps/Modify%20a%20Position%20%28Classified%20-%20A%26P%29.pdf
o There is no need to complete the previous used "separation form". With the implementation of HRMS, it is now obsolete.
A Clearance form will need to be completed. It is located on the web at: http://www.uta.edu/policy/form/3-16
o Please follow the instructions on the form for assistance with completing this form.
o This form is not normally needed for Student Assistants and Workstudy employees unless they have things to clear. If the employee has nothing to clear, please indicate that on the clearance form in the notes section.
o The department must print out the completed Clearance form after it is submitted as a notification email to Human Resources and other various departments from which employees must clear university items. The printed form will be signed by the applicable offices, returned to the department, and submitted to Human Resources.
If eligible, a Vacation Voucher, Form 1-6 will need to be completed and submitted to Human Resources.
o Note: If the employee is directly transferring to another state agency, the hours will not be paid out. The sick and vacation hours will be transferred to the state agency by Human Resources and this form will not need to be completed.
All separating University employees should complete the Exit Interview process. Information about this program is available online at http://www.uta.edu/hr/employee-relations/exit-interview-program/exit-program.php. The employee can complete this process online at https://webapps.uta.edu/hr-exit-interview/hrEiq/introduction
- If the separating employee would like to contribute any (or all) available hours of Sick Leave to the Sick Leave Pool, they may do so by completing the Sick Leave Pool Contribution Form, Form 3-204, available at http://www.uta.edu/hr/leave-services/forms-instruct.php.
- If the employee has retirement and/or insurance benefits through The University of Texas at Arlington, and wants to learn what happens to those benefits when they separate, information is available online here. Questions regarding benefits options should be directed to Benefits Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-272-5558 to speak with a Benefits Services representative.
- If there are any questions on how to complete the Separation process that were not addressed on this page, please contact Lara Ellison, Human Resources Programs Coordinator I at 817-272-5118 or by email at email@example.com
News and Announcements
- New Employee Information
- The Blazing Race
- BCBS TX Network Contract
- Employee Recognition
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- E-Verify Required For All Newly Hired And Rehired Employees Beginning September 1, 2015
- UT Benefits Expands Coverage to Same-sex Spouse and Dependents
- Merit Increase Guidelines for FY 15-16
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- New Employee Information
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- LGBTQA Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Americans with Disabilities Act Amendements Act (ADAAA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidelines FY2015
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program