Separating from the University
This list is to be used as a comprehensive guideline for employees successfully separating from The University of Texas at Arlington. It is intended to provide you with resources, links and points of contact to complete this important process.
Please note that not all items listed will apply to the separating employee.
Your department administrative assistant or other person responsible for the separation process will end your appointment with the University through Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
A Clearance form will need to be completed. Your department administrative assistant, or other person responsible for the separation process, will complete this form and print it out.
o Please follow the instructions on the form for assistance with completing this form.
o You are responsible for taking this form, along with any items you are returning to the University, to each of the stations indicating they need to be cleared on the form.
o Once you have returned all items to the University, bring the form back to your department and a representative from your department will sign the form and return it to Human Resources.
If eligible, a Vacation Voucher will need to be completed by the department and mailed to HR. It is located on the web on the Forms/Exhibits page, form 1-6: http://www.uta.edu/policy/forms/
o This form is needed only if there are vacation hours left at the time of separation and you have been continuously employed for a period of six months in a vacation accruing position.
o Note: If you are directly transferring to another state agency, the hours will not be paid out. The sick and vacation hours will be transferred to the state agency by Human Resources and this form will not need to be completed.
o If you have recently moved, please update your address either with your department or Human Resources.
Step 4All separating University employees should complete the Exit Interview Program. Information about this program is located at http://www.uta.edu/hr/employee-relations/exit-interview-program/exit-program.php and the exit interview can be completed online. It is available at https://webapps.uta.edu/hr-exit-interview/hrEiq/introduction
Step 5If you would like to contribute any (or all) available hours of Sick Leave to the Sick Leave Pool, you may do so by completing the Sick Leave Pool Contribution Form, Form 3-204, available at http://www.uta.edu/hr/leave-services/forms-instruct.php.
Step 6If you have retirement and/or insurance benefits through The University of Texas at Arlington, and want to learn what happens to those benefits when you separate, information is available here. Questions regarding benefits options should be directed to Benefits Services at email@example.com or call 817-272-5558 to speak with a Benefits Services representative.
If there are any questions on how to complete the Separation process that were not addressed here, please contact Diana Trimarchi, Human Resources Specialist III at 817-272-5559 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Announcements
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Resources
- 2014 Performance Review Memorandum
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program