Office of Learning and Development
Click here to check out all of our current classes being offered. (Registration instructions)
Our purpose is to be a team of passionate educators dedicated to teaching and learning.
Our mission is to provide quality training and development opportunities in the areas of Professional Development, Personal Growth, and Family Enrichment. We accomplish this through strategic planning and effective communication while welcoming diversity and building relationships.
Our vision is to have a highly educated faculty and staff that is qualified and empowered for work and life.
Take a look at all of the exciting programs, calendar, manuals, and sign up for our e-mail list. Click the opportunities link above to check them out!
Training for all faculty and staff is now available for a wide variety of subjects on lynda.com, a constantly growing and evolving body of training video tutorials covering a wide selection of technical topics. Professionally edited and produced, the videos show experienced instructors and real-world examples.
Topics include software training for SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Blackboard, and Photoshop, as well as development tools such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Silverworks. Other topics cover programming languages and databases; and business practices such as time management, goal setting, and project management. Topics also include many personal development and fun subjects such as photography, iPad tips and tricks, Facebook, and audio/video editing.
Faculty and staff have access to the website 24 hours a day at uta.edu/lynda. Log in with your NetID and password. Any department or faculty or staff member who already had a Lynda account can migrate their account to the campus solution and request a refund from Lynda.
The UT Arlington E.A.P. provides valuable services at no cost to employees and their families in the form of short-term counseling and legal and financial consultations. In addition, an E.A.P. can provide referrals and resources on a number of work/life topics including but not limited to child and elder care, health and well-being, and work and personal-related issues.
This is a collection of links that you might useful for professional growth and personal development
News and Announcements
- UT System Day
- Flu Shots
- State Employee Charitable Campaign (S.E.C.C.)
- E-Verify Required For All Newly Hired And Rehired Employees Beginning September 1, 2015
- Fall 2015 New Employee Records and Benefits Sessions
- UT Benefits Expands Coverage to Same-sex Spouse and Dependents
- Information Regarding Anthem Data Breach
- Merit Increase Guidelines for FY 15-16
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- LGBTQA Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2015-2016 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Americans with Disabilities Act Amendements Act (ADAAA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidelines FY2015
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program