Office of Learning and Development
Click here to check out all of our current classes being offered.
Our purpose is to be a team of passionate educators dedicated to teaching and learning.
Our mission is to provide quality training and development opportunities in the areas of Professional Development, Personal Growth, and Family Enrichment. We accomplish this through strategic planning and effective communication while welcoming diversity and building relationships.
Our vision is to have a highly educated faculty and staff that is qualified and empowered for work and life.
Take a look at all of the exciting programs, calendar, manuals, and sign up for our e-mail list. Click the opportunities link above to check them out!
Training for all faculty and staff is now available for a wide variety of subjects on lynda.com, a constantly growing and evolving body of training video tutorials covering a wide selection of technical topics. Professionally edited and produced, the videos show experienced instructors and real-world examples.
Topics include software training for SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Blackboard, and Photoshop, as well as development tools such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Silverworks. Other topics cover programming languages and databases; and business practices such as time management, goal setting, and project management. Topics also include many personal development and fun subjects such as photography, iPad tips and tricks, Facebook, and audio/video editing.
Faculty and staff have access to the website 24 hours a day at uta.edu/lynda. Log in with your NetID and password. Any department or faculty or staff member who already had a Lynda account can migrate their account to the campus solution and request a refund from Lynda.
The UT Arlington E.A.P. provides valuable services at no cost to employees and their families in the form of short-term counseling and legal and financial consultations. In addition, an E.A.P. can provide referrals and resources on a number of work/life topics including but not limited to child and elder care, health and well-being, and work and personal-related issues.
This is a collection of links that you might useful for professional growth and personal development
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Founders Day 2014!
- Merit Increase Guidelines for FY 14-15
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2014-2015
- LGBTQA Program
- Wellness at UTA
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Resources
- 2014 Performance Review Memorandum
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2014-2015 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2015
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program