Learning and Development Programs
If you have any questions regarding the Learning and Development programs, you may contact the Office of Learning and Development via email at email@example.com or via phone at 2-5554. You may also click on either of the links for each program to read more about the courses or to view the Learning and Development Calendar.
The eight courses in this program detail essential skills and knowledge that every UT Arlington Maverick needs to know. Those completing the Core Essentials will receive campus recognition and a certificate of completion that will become a part of an employee's training record. All Core Essential classes will be clearly marked with an “8” and appear as a regular part of the Learning and Development Calendar.
This is a three level certificate based program, designed for both existing supervisors and those seeking to become supervisors sometime in their career future. This program is designed to empower supervisors to build on and develop the essential skills and knowledge needed for their success and for the success of their work area and employees. Participants will receive a certificate for each level of the program successfully completed. All Trailblazers classes are clearly marked with a “T” following the course title and appear as a regular part of the Learning and Development Calendar.
Administrative Professional Program:
This four level certificate based program is designed to meet the needs of current Administrative Professionals, as well as those individuals who are just entering the field or are seeking to move into one of these positions some time in their career future. Participants will receive a certificate for each level of the program successfully completed. All Administrative Professional classes are clearly marked with an “AP” following the course title and appear as a regular part of the Learning and Development Calendar.
Department Chair Training:
The Department Chair Training is designed to provide Associate/Assistant and Department/Program Chairs with professional development opportunities related to their leadership roles. This program includes two tracks, Track I is for new/emerging leaders and Track II is for experienced leaders.
Take a look at the format of the newly redesigned New Employee Orientation and catch the vision about how we are helping new and existing employees understand what it means to "Be A Maverick".
All information regarding the Learning and Development Program, including the training calendar, will be distributed via the training listserv on a monthly basis as well as a weekly update. To subscribe to the training listserv, send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message type the following: subscribe training-calendar your-full-name
News and Announcements
- Equifax I-9 Management
- New Employee Information
- Employee Recognition-Service Awards
- UT System Tobacco Policy Evaluation
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Applicant Tracking System Implementation
- Wellness Events!
- BCBS of Texas and Texas Health Resources Reach Contract Agreement
- FLSA Update
- State Employee Charitable Campaign (S.E.C.C.)
Benefits and Services
- Tobacco Free Campus
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan - Program Details
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- LGBTQA Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Americans with Disabilities Act Amendements Act (ADAAA) for Faculty and Staff
Data Administration and Employee Records
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Human Resources Business Partners
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidelines FY2016
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program
- Criminal Background Checks