Learning and Development Opportunities
Checkout the latest information regarding the key programs from the Office of Learning and Development that are designed to empower you and provide the knowledge and skills you need to get the job done.
View the list of scheduled classes and register for a class that meets your need.
Training for all faculty and staff is now available for a wide variety of subjects on lynda.com, a constantly growing and evolving body of training video tutorials covering a wide selection of technical topics. Professionally edited and produced, the videos show experienced instructors and real-world examples.
Topics include software training for SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Blackboard, and Photoshop, as well as development tools such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Silverworks. Other topics cover programming languages and databases; and business practices such as time management, goal setting, and project management. Topics also include many personal development and fun subjects such as photography, iPad tips and tricks, Facebook, and audio/video editing.
Faculty and staff have access to the website 24 hours a day at uta.edu/lynda. Log in with your NetID and password. Any department or faculty or staff member who already had a Lynda account can migrate their account to the campus solution and request a refund from Lynda.
Take a look at the format of the newly redesigned New Employee Orientation and catch the vision about how we are helping new and existing employees understand what it means to "Be A Maverick".
All information regarding the Learning and Development Program, including the training calendar, will be distributed via the training listserv on a monthly basis as well as a weekly update. To subscribe to the training listserv, send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message type the following: subscribe training-calendar your-full-name
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Founders Day 2014!
- Merit Increase Guidelines for FY 14-15
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2014-2015
- LGBTQA Program
- Wellness at UTA
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Resources
- 2014 Performance Review Memorandum
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2014-2015 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2015
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program