Learning and Development Opportunities
Checkout the latest information regarding the key programs from the Office of Learning and Development that are designed to empower you and provide the knowledge and skills you need to get the job done.
View the list of scheduled classes and register for a class that meets your need.
Training for all faculty and staff is now available for a wide variety of subjects on lynda.com, a constantly growing and evolving body of training video tutorials covering a wide selection of technical topics. Professionally edited and produced, the videos show experienced instructors and real-world examples.
Topics include software training for SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Blackboard, and Photoshop, as well as development tools such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Silverworks. Other topics cover programming languages and databases; and business practices such as time management, goal setting, and project management. Topics also include many personal development and fun subjects such as photography, iPad tips and tricks, Facebook, and audio/video editing.
Faculty and staff have access to the website 24 hours a day at uta.edu/lynda. Log in with your NetID and password. Any department or faculty or staff member who already had a Lynda account can migrate their account to the campus solution and request a refund from Lynda.
Take a look at the format of the newly redesigned New Employee Orientation and catch the vision about how we are helping new and existing employees understand what it means to "Be A Maverick".
All information regarding the Learning and Development Program, including the training calendar, will be distributed via the training listserv on a monthly basis as well as a weekly update. To subscribe to the training listserv, send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message type the following: subscribe training-calendar your-full-name
News and Announcements
- New Employee Information
- The Blazing Race
- BCBS TX Network Contract
- Employee Recognition
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- E-Verify Required For All Newly Hired And Rehired Employees Beginning September 1, 2015
- UT Benefits Expands Coverage to Same-sex Spouse and Dependents
- Merit Increase Guidelines for FY 15-16
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- New Employee Information
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- LGBTQA Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Americans with Disabilities Act Amendements Act (ADAAA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidelines FY2015
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program