The Blazing Race
Join the Wellness Committee and your fellow Mavericks, Wednesday May 20, 2015 at 11:30 a.m. for our 2015 Blazing Race Event! The theme this year is “Maverick Spirit Run.” So show your Maverick Spirit for a chance at some prizes! Vendors will be onsite! Please see the instructions below on how to register for this challenge.
Registration opens April 27th BUT if you register by May 8th you can receive a free pedometer to help you track your steps. Quantities are limited, so be sure to register and get your pedometer as soon as possible.
Here are the key details:
- Get your Team together for the Blazing Race (two to six people)
- Register for the Blazing Race at: Blazing Race Registration
- The race will include a run/walk activity while stopping at various locations around the campus in competition with other Mavericks.
- There will be 2 routes, Low Impact (1 mile) and High Impact (2 mile); participants will begin with clues to lead them to several destinations on campus. If your team plans to run or power-walk, please sign up for the High Impact course.
- Complete the indemnity form https://www.uta.edu/hr/wellness/waiver/index.php
- Complete the Health Assessment (under the "Health" heading on the Living Well Health Platform) to qualify for additional prizes. So if you haven't taken it since September 1, 2014, be sure to take the Health Assessment!!!
*The Living Well Health Platform is available to all UT SELECT Medical Plan members aged 18 and over - including Employees, Retirees, Dependents, Surviving Spouses, and COBRA participants.