UT Arlington Fall into Wellness Event
Let's MOVE!! Get together with colleagues and encourage each other to get moving. Join the Wellness Committee for our faculty/staff event, October 22, 2015 (meet inside the MAC - Maverick Activity Center) 2nd Floor. Physical movement can help you control your weight, improve brain functioning as you age, manage depression and anxiety, increase energy levels, maintain balance and flexibility, slow or prevent chronic diseases.
Key details before the event:
- Complete the indemnity form https://www.uta.edu/hr/wellness/waiver/index.php
Day of the Event:
- Check-in 11:30am at the MAC-Room 133
- Get a t-shirt
- Get a FREE pedometer
- Light Lunch will be served after the event – MAC-Room 133
CHOOSE your route to walk or run
- Route: 1.5 Miles – Nedderman -Greek Row-Summit Street - UTA Blvd - Nedderman
- Route: 2 miles – Nedderman – Greek Row - Davis Street - UTA Blvd – Nedderman
FALL INTO WELLNESS 4 WEEK CHALLENGE
- October 22nd-November 19th
- Your goal is to complete at least 10,000 steps per day (or the equivalent in other physical activity), 5 days per week for four weeks (50,000 steps each week). Getting 10,000 steps is not as hard as you think! All kinds of activities can be logged, from time at the gym to chores around the house.
- Send your weekly steps to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your name and department)
- Complete additional steps by participating in the annual UTA Homecoming 5K! This year’s Homecoming route is a scenic one throughout the UT Arlington campus. Register at http://www.uta.edu/campusrec/wellness/homecoming5k/.
See You At The MAC!!!!