The I.D.E.A.S. Center is a federally-funded program that offers tutoring and mentoring services to UT Arlington students.
Interested applicants for the I.D.E.A.S. Center Tutor position will need to complete the 1) Snap Job Application 2) Supplemental Application and 3) submit references from 2 UT Arlington faculty or staff persons. Both the Supplemental Applications and the Reference Form must be completed through this website. No paper resumes or applications will be accepted in the office.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, incomplete applications will not be reviewed. We will screen all completed application packets and contact qualified individuals for interviews.
Please read all of the qualifications and application instructions carefully before submitting your applications.
- Must be willing to lead one-on-one and group tutoring sessions
- Must be able to work a consistent weekly schedule
- Must possess sensitivity to the varying needs of students, tutors/mentors need to be flexible to case-by-case accommodations
- Preference will be given to candidates who can tutor Math, Business, Liberal Arts and Computer Science courses
- Compensation begins at $9.25/hour
- Must be a UTA student
- Completed at least two semesters at UT Arlington
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or above
- Have an A or B in each course you would like to tutor
- Able to work a minimum of 8 hours per week
- Complete and pass an assessment if interested in tutoring a math course that is not on your UT Arlington transcript
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Available to attend mandatory training and new employee orientation
- Complete the SNAP Jobs Application (Tutor/Job ID: #9249)
- Complete the Supplemental Application
- Submit 2 Reference Forms
(To acquire a reference please email this link to your UTA professor. Students will be unable to access this link)