Faculty Development Opportunities
Student Engagement Faculty Workshops
Student engagement in learning is critical to positive academic and social outcomes.
Join us as UTA's IDEAS Center Faculty Fellows share a variety of teaching strategies for engaging students in their courses. These hands-on sessions will provide participants with strategies for developing "a sense of belonging" in a variety of classes. Each session will be different, offering faculty a menu of ready-to-use classroom techniques for actively engaging students in different types of courses (large, small, online, etc.).
ALL FACULTY ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND.
- January 25th 2018, 12 - 1:30pm. Dr. Nilashki Veerabathina, Physics and Dr. Robin Macaluso, Chemistry. Planetarium, CPB 303. RSVP.
- February 2nd 2018, 12 -1:30pm. Dr. Jaya Davis, Criminology/Criminal Justice. Central Library, 6th floor Parlor. RSVP.
- February 12th 2018, 9 am - 12 noon. Dr. Tamara Clunis. Central Library, 6th floor Parlor RSVP.
- March 28th 2018, 12 -1:30pm - Dr. Stephanie Rasmussen, Accounting. COB 608. RSVP.
- April 12th 2018, 12 - 1:30pm. Dr. Jaya Davis, Criminology and Criminal Justice. Planetarium, CPB 303. RSVP.
Please RSVP so we may have enough seats and handouts for everyone. For questions, please contact Dr. Carla Amaro-Jimenez, IDEAS Faculty Coordinator at email@example.com or IDEAS Center at 817-272-6593.