Advising Dates For MSIE and PhD Students for Summer and Fall
Distance Education (Online) Students
Online students, you may be advised by email. If you wish to be advised by face-to-face appointment, contact Julie Estill (email@example.com) in the IMSE office for an appointment time.
Send your email to Dr. Imrhan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject, "ONLINE STUDENT ADVISING," with the items below, in the order shown, before April 10.
- Your email communication for advising must include the following:
- A completed Advising Form (scanned and emailed as an attachment to Dr. Imrhan).
- A list of your finished courses and their grades with overall GPA OR your unofficial transcript of graduate work only.
- Your expected date of graduation.
- A simple, clear statement that you have completed, or are enrolled in, the prerequisites for your requested courses (Download the Graduate Course and Prerequisite Requirements Guide).
- A clear statement that you are doing most of your courses online.
* Please check the class schedule to see the courses being offered.
* If you transferred from another UT Arlington department, indicate on transcript all graduate courses done in the previous department.
*Please Note: Students pursuing Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, or Logistics must email or make an appointment with Dr. Liles or Dr. Rogers for course advising. Dr. Imrhan is not your advisor.
Campus (Regular) Students
On-campus students must follow the instructions below to meet with Dr. Imrhan during one of the advising dates listed.
- You must bring:
- Completed (typed and signed) advising form. You can download the blank form in the link given. At the bottom of the form, state clearly that you have completed all prerequisites (see course descriptions in the UT Arlington Graduate Catalog) for courses requested. Download the Graduate Course and Prerequisite Requirements Guide.
- A copy of your transcript (unofficial one that you can easily print from MyMav).
Make sure that you know the names of all numbered courses on your list.
|Open Advising (any graduate MSIE or PhD student)|
|Wednesday, March 20||10:30 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.||All Students|
|Advising By Last Names (MSIE students only)|
|Friday, March 22||10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Last name beginning with A-H|
|Wednesday, March 27||10:30 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.||Last name beginning with I-N|
|Friday, March 29||10:30 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.||Last name beginning with O-R|
|Wednesday, April 5||10:30 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.||Last name beginning with S-Z|
|Wednesday, April 10||10:30 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.||All PhD Students;|
|Online Students, including those on internships|
|By email to Dr. Imrhan anytime before April 10|
*Please Note: Students pursuing Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, or Logistics must see Dr. Liles or Dr. Rogers for course advising. Dr. Imrhan is not your advisor.
New IMSE Students
You must attend the IMSE Department's orientation on:
The orientation will last approximately 1.5 hours. Afterward, MSIE and PhD students, only, will be advised by Dr. Imrhan for their courses.
International students must also attend the orientation for the Office of International Education to be cleared for course enrollment.
Additional Links and Information
Class schedules are at: http://www.uta.edu/schedule/.
Deadlines, registration procedures, and other information are at: http://grad.uta.edu/currentStudents?page=academics.