Below is a list of the most common questions that current students ask us.
How can I fund my studies?
- On-Campus Jobs: UT Arlington has many on-campus jobs available to students. Visit: https://www.myinterfase.com/utahr/student
- There are also several scholarships, grants and teaching assistantships available. Visit: http://www.uta.edu/ie/financial-aid/index.php
What if my GPA falls below 3.0
- You need to work to bring it up to 3.0. If your GPA is still below 3.0 at the end of the following semester, you’ll need to file a petition to continue in the program https://grad.pci.uta.edu/students/petition/
- Complete the Graduate School Leave of Absence form http://grad.pci.uta.edu/faculty/resources/advisors/current/#leave .
- If you are an international student, complete the Office of International Education Leave of Absence form http://www.uta.edu/oie/web/iss/forms/leaveofabsence.pdf.
This is my graduation semester, what should I do?
- For graduate students, follow our directions on our page: http://www.uta.edu/ie/current-students/graduate-students/graduating-graduates.php
How can I drop a class?
- Before Late Registration - students can drop themselves through MyMav.
- After Late Registration and Before Census Date: Students need to see an advisor. No form needed.
- After Census Date and before Last Day to Drop: you need a form *with the instructor's signature*. Take that form to an advisor from your department and they will do the drop.
- After Last Day to Drop: Students can not drop a class anymore.
- See the Academic Calendar for the dates: https://www.uta.edu/uta/acadcal.php
How do I graduate with Honors/Latin Distinction?
- For details about the Honors/Latin Distinction, visit: http://www.uta.edu/records/graduation/latin-honors.php