1. Verify your degree plan
If you are entering your last semester, you must verify your degree plan with your academic advisor and make sure your admission status is updated if you were admitted other than unconditionally. Once you have verified that you will be graduating, you must apply to graduate before the September 14, 2018.
2. Check the Graduate School Website for your final semester checklist
- Checklist for Non-Thesis or Thesis-Substitute students
- Checklist for Thesis or Dissertation students
Note: Please bring your requests to the IE Department for submission to the Office of Graduate Studies
3. Submit a Degree Plan Worksheet
The Degree Plan Worksheet you will need can be found at: http://grad.pci.uta.edu/resources/pdf/Degree_Plan_Worksheet.pdf.
Submit with your Transfer of Credit Worksheet and Final Master's Examination Report Form to the IMSE Academic Advising Coordinator, Woolf Hall, Room 325 before September 21, 2018.
- The entire form must be typed, except for your signature at the end. Fill out the form with your name, date, address, and UTA ID.
- The "Degrees Held" field is the Bachelor's Degree you hold, as well as any other degrees you might also hold.
- The "Degrees Sought" field is the degree you are currently working on now and will be completing (example: Master of Science in Industrial Engineering).
- List all classes that will be counted toward the degree you are seeking.
- Examination Requirement is "Final Comprehensive Exam" and the date given at the bottom of this page.
- Be sure to sign where form requires the "Candidate's Signature."
- The Major Professor and Graduate Academic Advisor, depending on your degree plan, is Dr. Liles or Dr. LeBoulluec. For Ph.D students, your Major Professor is your Dissertation Supervisor. Then list your committee members. Dr. Sheik Imrhan is the Ph.D. Academic Advisor. Dr. Victoria Chen is the Chair of the Committee on Graduate Studies.
Download to see completed Degree Plan Worksheet Samples:
- Sample of completed Degree Plan Worksheet for an MS IE student
- Sample of completed Degree Plan Worksheet for an MS Logistics student
- Sample of completed Degree Plan Worksheet for an MS Systems Engineering student
- Sample of completed Degree Plan Worksheet for an MS Engineering Management student
4. Transfer Credits
If you still have credits you'd like to transfer, you must submit a Transfer of Credit Worksheet with your other document before September 21, 2018. (You can only transfer 6 credits as a Graduate student in our department and 0 credits as a Doctorate student).
Submit with your Degree Plan Worksheet and Final Master's Examination Report Form to the IMSE Academic Advising Coordinator , Woolf Hall, Room 325 before September 21, 2018.
5. Submit a Final Master's Examination Report form
Complete the Final Master's Examination Report form. Please fill out only the top (name, date, ID, program, and degree) and bottom (committee chair and members) portions. PhD students do not need to turn in this form.
Submit with your Degree Plan Worksheet, and Transfer of Credit Worksheet to the IMSE Academic Advising Coordinator , Woolf Hall, Room 325 before September 21, 2018.
Download to see completed Final Master's Report Form:
- Sample of Final Master's Report for MS Industrial Engineering Student
- Sample of Final Master's Report for MS Logistics Student
- Sample of Final Master's Report for MS Systems Engineering Student
- Sample of Final Master's Report for MS Engineering Management Student
6. Apply to Graduate
Apply to graduate through your MyMav student center by September 5, 2018 and pay the applicable fees. Late applications are due by October 5, 2018 with a late fee applied.
7. Register for Commencement
If you want to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must register with the College of Engineering.
8. Take the M.S. Comprehensive or Ph.D. Diagnostic (Part 1) Exam.
M.S. Comprehensive Exams:
- Date: November 9, 2018
- Time: Both exams will be held from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Industrial Engineering - Woolf Hall, Room 406
- Systems, Engineering Management, Logistics - COBA 252
- Master's Comprehensive Exam: Graduates in all degree programs must take the Exam as part of their degree requirements.
- Exit Interview: An Exit Interview Questionnaire will be administered upon completion of your comprehensive exam. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
Ph.D. Diagnostic Exams:
- Date: November 9, 2018
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Location: TBA
- PhD Diagnostic Part 1: PhD students who have completed at least 18 hours of course work (not including research hours, 6x97), and have not taken the PhD Diagnostic Exam, MUST contact Dr. Imrhan at the beginning of the semester. Bring your unofficial transcript from your Student Center with you when you meet with Dr. Imrhan.
- PhD Diagnostic Part 2: PhD students must consult with their dissertation supervisor for Part 2 of the PhD Exam. Part 2 must be taken approximately one week after taking Part 1.