- Degree Requirements
- Academic Advising
- Before you get advised
- M.S. Industrial Engineering (Advisor: Kimetha Williams)
- M.S. Engineering Management (Advisor: Kimetha Williams)
- M.S. Logistics (Advisor: Kimetha Williams)
- M.S. Systems Engineering (Advisor: Kimetha Williams)
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering (Advisor: Dr. Imrhan)
- Advising for New Students
- Advising for Distance Education (Online) Students
New IMSE Students
- You must attend the IMSE Department's Spring 2019 orientation on:
- Date: Friday, January 11, 2019
- Time: 10:00 am
- Where: Woolf Hall, Room 402
MS Industrial Engineering students will be advised by Dr. LeBoulluec for their courses. MS Engineering Management, MS Logistics and MS Systems Engineering students will be advised by Kimetha Williams. All Ph.D students will be advised by Dr. Imrhan.
International students must also attend the orientation for the Office of International Education.
New: MS Systems and Engineering Management, please email email@example.com for an appointment with Kimetha Williams.
MSIE Students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment with Kimetha Williams.
Subject line: Appointment Request
Body: Please include your full name, and student ID number.
Appointments must be made at least 24 hours before the start of advising on the day the student expects to be advised.
You must bring:
- Completed (typed and signed) advising form. You can download the blank form in the link given.
- A copy of your transcript (unofficial one that you can easily print from MyMav).
Make sure that you know the names of all numbered courses on your list.
Advising for Distance Education (Online) Students
Online students may be advised in person, through email or phone call. To be advised in person, follow the directions above for on-campus students.
For advising through email or phone, email your advisor with the subject, "ADVISING FOR ONLINE STUDENTS," with the items below.
Your email communication for advising must include the following:
- A completed Advising Form (scanned and emailed as an attachment to your advisor).
- A list of your finished courses and their grades with overall GPA OR your unofficial transcript of graduate work only.
- What stage of preparation you are in:
- Passed PhD Diagnostic
- Passed Comprehesive Exam (Proposal Defense)
* If you transferred from another UT Arlington department, indicate on transcript all graduate courses done in the previous department.
If you would like to change or add a course to your schedule, you must get permission from your advisor after all other students have registered for their required classes.
Additional Links and Information
For deadlines, registration procedures, and other information, click here.