- Degree Requirements
- Academic Advising
- Before you get advised
- M.S. Industrial Engineering (Advisor: Dr. LeBoulluec)
- M.S. Engineering Management (Advisor: Dr. Liles)
- M.S. Logistics (Advisor: Dr. Liles)
- M.S. Systems Engineering (Advisor: Dr. Liles)
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering (Advisor: Dr. Imrhan)
- Advising for Distance Education (Online) Students
- Advising for New Students
New IMSE Students
You must attend the IMSE Department's Spring 2017 orientation on:
• Date: Thursday, January 12
• Time: 9:00am-1:00pm
• Where: Nedderman Hall 100
The orientation will last approximately 4 hours. Afterward, MSIE students will be advised by Dr. LeBoulluec for their courses. MS Systems Engineering and MS Engineering Management students will be advised by Dr. Liles. All Ph.D students
will meet with Dr. Imrhan.
International students must also attend the orientation for the Office of International Education.
New: Appointments can only be made by emailing the academic advising coordinator or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Appointment Request
Body: Please include your full name, and student ID number.
Appointments must be made at least 24 hours before the start of advising on the day the student expects to be advised.
You must bring:
- Completed (typed and signed) advising form. You can download the blank form in the link given.
- A copy of your transcript (unofficial one that you can easily print from MyMav).
Make sure that you know the names of all numbered courses on your list.
Spring advising appointments may be made by making appointments online. If no appointments are listed, please contact your advisor directly.
Online students may be advised in person, through email or phone call. To be advised in person, follow the directions above for on-campus students.
For advising through email or phone, email your advisor with the subject, "ADVISING FOR ONLINE STUDENTS," with the items below.
Your email communication for advising must include the following:
- A completed Advising Form (scanned and emailed as an attachment to your advisor).
- A list of your finished courses and their grades with overall GPA OR your unofficial transcript of graduate work only.
- What stage of preparation you are in:
- Passed PhD Diagnostic
- Passed Comprehesive Exam (Proposal Defense)
* If you transferred from another UT Arlington department, indicate on transcript all graduate courses done in the previous department.
If you would like to change or add a course to your schedule, you must get permission from your advisor after all other students have registered for their required classes.
Additional Links and Information
For deadlines, registration procedures, and other information, click here.