For students who will be entering their last semester, you must verify your degree plan with your academic advisor during the advising period and make sure your admission status is changed if it is still probationary. Once you have verified that you will be graduating, you must apply to graduate before the deadline.
1. Check the Graduate School Website for final semester checklist
- Checklist for Non-Thesis or Thesis-Substitute students
- Checklist for Thesis or Dissertation students
Note: Please bring your requests to the IE Department for submission to the Office of Graduate Studies
2. File a Final Program of Work by Friday, June 6, 2014 in the IMSE office (Woolf Hall, Room 420). The Degree Plan Worksheet you will need can be found at: http://grad.pci.uta.edu/resources/pdf/Degree_Plan_Worksheet.pdf.
- Fill out the form with your name, date, address, and UTA ID. The entire form must be typed, except for your signature at the end.
- The "Degrees Held" field is the Bachelor's Degree you hold, as well as any other degrees you might also hold.
- The "Degrees Sought" field is the degree you are currently working on now and will be completing (example: Master of Science in Industrial Engineering).
- List all classes that will be counted toward the degree you are seeking.
- Examination Requirement is "Final Comprehensive Exam" and the date given on the IE Website.
- Be sure to sign where form requires the "Candidate’s Signature."
- Supervising Committee is standard. It includes: Dr. Liles, Dr. Jones, and Dr. Imrhan. Type these names in the second column, the first column is for their signatures. List your Academic Advisor first, then the other two Academic Advisors, then again your Academic Advisor
- Examples of completed Degree Plans
- Sample of completed Degree Plan Worksheet
- Sample of Supervising Committee names for an MS IE student
- Sample of Supervising Committee names for an MS Logistics student
- Sample of Supervising Committee names for an MS Systems Engineering student
- Sample of Supervising Committee names for an MS Engineering Management student
If necessary, download a Transfer of Credit Worksheet.
3. If you are Master's student, fill out a Request for Scheduling of the Final Master's Examination and a Final Master's Examination Report and turn the forms in to the IMSE Office. For the Final Master's Examination Report form, please fill out only the top (name, date, ID, program, and degree) and bottom (committee chair and members) portions. These forms will be due at the same time as your Degree Plan Worksheet. PhD students do not need to turn in this form.
- Examples of the Request for Scheduling of the Final Master's Report Form
- Sample of Request Form for MS Industrial Engineering Student
- Sample of Request Form for MS Logistics Student
- Sample of Request Form for MS Systems Engineering Student
- Sample of Request Form for MS Engineering Management Student
- Examples of the Final Master's Report Form
- Sample of Final Master's Report for MS Industrial Engineering Student
- Sample of Final Master's Report for MS Logistics Student
- Sample of Final Master's Report for MS Systems Engineering Student
- Sample of Final Master's Report for MS Engineering Management Student
4. Fill out the Application for Graduation Form by Tuesday, June 3, 2014 on the Graduate Studies website and pay the applicable fees.
5. If you want to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must register with the College of Engineering.
6. Take the M.S. Comprehensive or Ph.D. Diagnostic (Part 1) Exam.M.S. Comprehensive and Ph.D. Diagnostic (Part 1) Exams:
- Date: Monday, July 7, 2014
- Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Location: TBA
- Graduates in all degree programs must take the Exam as part of their degree requirements.
- Exit Interview Questionnaire will be from 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- PhD students must consult with their dissertation supervisor for Part 2 of the PhD Exam.