Dr. Victoria Chen
Professor & Interim Department Chair
Office: Woolf Hall, 420 J
|Ph.D.||Operations Research, Cornell University, 1993|
|M.S.||Operations Research, Cornell University, 1991|
|B.S.||Mathematical Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University, 1988|
|2012-Present||Interim Chair, IMSE Department, The University of Texas at Arlington|
|2008-Present||Director, COSMOS, The University of Texas at Arlington|
|2010-Present||Professor, The University of Texas at Arlington|
|2002-2010||Associate Professor, The University of Texas at Arlington|
|2001-2002||Visiting Professor, The University of Texas at Arlington|
|2001, 2003||Visiting Professor, University of Genoa, Italy|
|1993-2001||Assistant Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology|
|Full Curriculum Vitae|
Dr. Chen's primary research interests utilize statistical methodologies to create new methods for operations research problems in engineering and science. She has expertise in design of experiments and statistical modeling, particularly employed for computer experiments and stochastic optimization. She has studied applications in inventory forecasting, airline optimization, water reservoir networks, wastewater treatment, and air quality. Through her statistics-based approach, she has developed computationally-tractable methods for continuous-state stochastic dynamic programming, yield management, and environmental decision-making.
Dr. Victoria (Tory) Chen is a Professor of IMSE at UTA. Dr. Chen is actively involved with the Institute for Operations Research and Mangement Science (Informs), serving as cluster chair, session organizer/chair, and officers for the Informs Section on Data Mining and for the Forum for Women in OR/MS. She has also served as Chair of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS) New Researchers committee in 2001-2002, Program Chair for the Fifth IMS North American New Researchers Conference in 2000-2001, and Vice-President of the Atlanta Chapter of the American Statistical Association in 1995-2001.
- Xiao, W., Y. Cheng, W.-J. Lee, V. C. P. Chen, and S. Charoensri (2010). "Hydrogen Filling Station Design for Fuel Cell Vehicles." In Proceedings of the IEEE, Industry Applications Society, Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Annual Conference, to appear. (refereed)
- Yang, Z., V. C. P. Chen, M. E. Chang, M. L. Sattler, and A. Wen (2009). "A Decision-Making Freamework for Ozone Pollution Control." Operations Research, to appear.
- Kim, S. B., C. Temiyasathit, S.-K. Park, V. C. P. Chen, M. L. Sattler, and A. G. Russell (2008). "Characterization of Spatially Homogeneous Regions Based on Temporal Patterns of Particulate Matter 2.5 in the Continental United States." Journal of the Air & Waste Association.
- Kim, S. B., K.-L. Tsui, T. Sukchotrat, V. C. P. Chen (2008). "A Comparison Study and Discussion of the Mhalanobis-Taguchi System." International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, 4(6), pp. 631-644.
- Pilla, V. L., J. M. Rosenberger, V. C. P. Chen, and B. C. Smith (2008). "A Statistical Computer Experiments Approach to Airline Fleet Assignment." IIE Transactions, 40(5), pp 524-537.
- Kim, S. B., C. Temiyasathit, S. -K. Park, and V. C. P. Chen (2007). "Spatio-Temporal Data Mining for Air Pollution Problems." In Encyclopedia of Data warehousing and Mining, second edition (J. Wang, ed.), Hershey, PA: Idea Group Reference.