Dr. Neal McCollom
Office: Woolf Hall, 420 V
|Ph.D.||Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1981|
|M.S.||Industrial Engineering and Management, Oklahoma State University, 1974|
|B.S.||Industrial Engineering and Management, Oklahoma State University, 1973|
|2008 - Present||Sustainment Engineer, Lockheed Martin Fellow|
|2002 - 2008||Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) Integrator for F-35 Autonomic Logistics Global Sustainment|
|1996 - 2002||IS&T Manager for development and support of Knowledge Management applications and CAD / CAE Engineering Design processes and tools|
|1992 - 1996||Lead Engineer, F-22 Support Data|
|1983 - 1992||Project Manager, Knowledge Based Systems|
|1981 - 1983||Assistant Professor, Industrial Engineering, University of Missouri – Columbia|
- Adjunct Faculty Member, University of Texas at Arlington, Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering (current)
- Member, Industrial Advisory Board, Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington (current)
- Chair, Industrial Advisory Board, Industrial Engineering & Management, Oklahoma State Univ. / Interact with Students and Faculty. Assist the department in preparing for the ABET accreditation
- Industrial Fellow, Automation and Robotics Research Institute / provided internal programmatic review and relevance assessment to the aerospace industry
- Company Representative, Program for Automation in Manufacturing, Texas A&M University. Provided input and project requirements for student/company cooperative projects
- Member, Alpha Pi Mu, Industrial Engineering Honor Society
- Registered Professional Engineer, Texas #44109
- Member, Institute of Industrial Engineers
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "The Human Elements of IDEF," with T. Cullinane, P. Duran, and D. Thornhill, Proceedings, 1990 IDEF User's Group Conference, May, 1990.
- "New Programming Style Cuts Systems Life Cycle Costs," with L. T. Blank, Journal of Cost Management for the Manufacturing Industry, Fall, 1990.
- "Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing," Keynote Speaker for the 7th Annual Oklahoma Conference on Artificial Intelligence, November, 1993.
- "The Integration of Requirements into an Engineering Design Session Using Knowledge Based Systems," Proceedings, 1999 Software Technology Conference, May, 1999.
- "Prognostics and Health Management - A Data-Driven Approach to Supporting the F-35 Lightning II", with Ed Brown, Erin Moore, and Andy Hess, Proceedings, IEEE Aerospace Conference, Big Sky, MT, March 2007.
- "Prognostics and Health Management – the Key to Supportability and Affordability on the JSF" Invited presentation in the Product Lifecycle Management track at the 2007 SAE AeroTech Congress & Exhibition, September, 2007.
- "JSF PHM Overview" Accepted Paper to the IEEE PHM08, The International Conference on Prognostics and Health Management, October, 2008.
- "Design for Sustainment" Accepted Presentation to the 2008 Lockheed Martin Mission Critical Enterprise Systems Symposium, October, 2008.