Dr. Shouyi Wang
Office: Woolf Hall, 420 H
|Ph.D.||Industrial Engineering, Rutgers University, 2012|
|M.S.||Systems and Control Engineering, Delft University of Technology, 2005|
|B.S.||Systems and Control Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2003|
|2013-Present||Assistant Professor, The University of Texas at Arlington|
|2012-2013||Research Associate, University of Washington|
|2011-2012||Research Scientist, University of Washington|
|2008-2011||Research Assistant, Rutgers University|
Dr. Wang's research interests include data mining, machine learning, pattern recognition, multivariate process monitoring and prediction, multivariate statistics, applied operation research, and human-centered computing. He has developed mathematical theories and algorithms to frame, model and optimize complex systems, and solve large-scale data mining and knowledge discovery problems in engineering and science. He has conducted research projects on intelligent learning control systems for humanoid walking robots, personalized healthcare online monitoring and decision-making systems using multivariate physiological signals, functional and diagnostic brain imaging analysis and network modeling (fMRI), clinical recommendation system for respiratory-gated PET/CT Imaging using patient classification and statistical association, real-time prediction/detection of mental states and cognitive activities using brain-computer interfaces, and personalized healthcare information systems with wearable body sensor networks. .
- Member of Institute of Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Member of Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Member of Association of Information Systems (AIS)
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Session Chair, Data Mining and Human Factors in Healthcare Systems, International INFORMS, Beijing, June 2012
- Session Chair, Decision Making and Planning: Methods and Applications, INFORMS, Phoenix, October 2012
- Referee, IEEE Transaction on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- Referee, Optimization Letters
- S. Wang and W. Chaovalitwongse, 2013. "Piecewise Linear Segmentation of Time Series Using a Data-Driven Threshold With Guaranteed Accuracy." Pattern Recognition Letters, to appear.
- S. Wang, W. Chaovalitwongse and S. Wong, 2013. "A Probabilistic Pattern Learning Framework for Personalized Epileptic Seizure Prediction." IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems in Dec, to appear.
- S. Wang, W. Chaovalitwongse, and S. Wong, 2012. "Online Seizure Prediction Using an Adaptive Learning Approach." IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. (In Press)
- S. Wang, W. Chaovalitwongse, and S. Wong, 2012. "A Gradient-Based Adaptive Learning Framework for An Online Seizure Prediction." International Journal of Data Mining and Bioinformatics. (In Press)
- S. Wang, W. Chaovalitwongse, and R. Babuska, 2012. "Machine Learning Algorithms in Bipedal Robot Control." IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, Volume: 42, Issue: 5, Pages: 728-743.
- S. Wang, C.J. Lin, C. Wu, and W. Chaovalitwongse, 2011. "Early Detection of Numerical Typing Errors Using Data Mining Techniques." IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, Volume: 41, Issue: 6, Pages: 1199-1212.
- W. Chaovalitwongse, R.S. Pottenger, S. Wang, Y.J. Fan, and L.D. Iasemidis, 2011. "Pattern-Based and Network-Based Classification Techniques for Multichannel Medical Data Signals to Improve Brain Diagnosis." IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, Volume: 41, Issue: 5, Pages: 977-988.
- S. Wang and W. Chaovalitwongse, 2011. "Evaluating and Comparing Forecasting Models." Wiley Encyclopaedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Wiley & Sons.
- S. Wang, O. Seref and W. Chaovalitwongse, 2011 "Operations Research in Data Mining." Wiley Encyclopaedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Wiley & Sons.
- S. Wang, W. Chaovalitwongse, and S. Wong, 2010. "A Novel Reinforcement Learning Framework for Online Adaptive Seizure Prediction." Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics & Biomedicine, pp. 499-504, Hong Kong, China.
- S. Wang, J. Braaksma, R. Babuska, and D. Hobbelen, 2006. "Reinforcement Learning Control for Biped Robot Walking on Uneven Surfaces". Proceedings of IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 4173-4178, Vancouver, Canada.