Why IE at UTA
Industrial and Manufacturing Systms Engineering (IMSE) at UT Arlington is a nationally accredited undergraduate program. We prepare students for work in the modern workplace and also for entry into graduate degree programs nationwide in Industrial Engineering and associated specialized fields, such as Logistics, Operations Research, Enterprise Engineering, and Engineering Management.
All of our classes are taught by professors with Ph.D. degrees. In addition, many of our distinguished faculty members also have experience working as industry professionals, bringing their real-world expertise and education to the classrooms to educate fully and prepare our students for their future endeavors.IMSE at UT Arlington offers:
- Leading edge research and researchers in a variety of areas
- Faculty with a broad base of professional industry experience committed to the pursuit of excellence in both their teaching and research
- Located in the heart of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, providing plenty of opportunities to work in local industry
- Active engineering student organizations such as Alpha Pi Mu, SWE, and the award-winning IIE student chapter
Careers With Local Industries and Businesses
As a result of active on-campus corporate recruiting and the relationship between the University of Texas at Arlington and local industry, UTA IMSE graduates are employed by a variety of industries and businesses. The following list reflects a condensed compilation of companies that hired UTA Industrial Engineering graduates between 2004 and 2009:
- Crocs, Inc.
- Global Enterprise Management Solutions (GEMS)
- Vought Aircraft Industries
- Bell Helicopter
- Lockheed Martin
- United Technologies
- Freemyer Industrial Pressure, LP
- United States Postal Service
- General Motors
- Cummins, Inc.
- Caterpillar, Inc.
- James Hardie Building Products, Inc.
- Defense Contract Management Agency, DOD
- US Army
- Rockwell Automation
- Americhem Inc.
- Sara Lee Corporation
- Frito Lay