Our Approach to Leadership
The Leadership Center’s programs are guided by the Relational Leadership and Social Change Models.
The Relational Model is the primary model that guides the work of our Center.
- A central tenet of this model is that relationships are the key to leadership effectiveness.
- Relational Leadership is the process of people working together toward a common purpose to make an impact or achieve change that benefits an organization or community.
- The relational leader strives to embody the 5
characteristics listed below. And we have adopted these as the core values
of The Leadership Center:
The Social Change Model serves as a supporting model which reflects our commitment to placing leadership in some context. We believe that leadership should be for positive change.
- A central tenet of this model is that leadership should be focused on making change that results in a better world and a better society for self and others.
- For positive social change to occur, leadership must occur at three levels: individual, group and community.