Are you the Mentor who will shape the future of UTA?
Mentor online applications are now available for the 2016-2017 academic year. Please review the updated mentor qualifications and responsiblities before completing your application.
Be a mentor in the UTA-HOSTS! program. We'll match you with a an incoming freshman for you to mentor in the Fall 2016- Spring 2017 school year. You're there to answer questions about life at UTA (you know, all those questions you had when you started here)—how to get involved, how to navigate all the campus resources, where to go for a quiet place to study, how to sign up for class, etc.
To be considered as a UTA-HOSTS! Mentor you must:
- Have attended UTA for 2 semesters
- Cumulative 2.75 or above GPA
- Attend a mandatory Mentor Training Session on Saturday, April 23, 2016 from 9am- 3pm in College Hall Room 106
- Turn in all required checkup forms throughout the mentoring process
Expectations of Mentors
- Contact mentee weekly via any method: email, phone, text messaging, face-to-face contact, (such as meeting in hallways during class, lunch in UC, social events)
- Keep commitments to mentee
- Acquaint your mentee to the UTA life from your perspective
- Monitor mentee’s progress
- Assist in the development of skills necessary for mentees to succeed in college
- Communicate university resources and services to mentee
- Accompany mentee to program activities, if at all possible, such as mixers and other events
- Complete check-up forms according to program requirements
- Maintain confidentiality in your relationship unless there is a serious concern
- Provide feedback to HOSTS! Program coordinators especially if you are unable to contact your mentee
- Provide support, guidance, encouragement and information to your mentee
All mentors and mentees are required to attend the UTA-HOSTS! Mix & Match event. During this event, participants will have the opportunity to meet people with similar majors and interests though planned activities. At the end of the event, participants will submit a request for the mentor or mentee they choose to be matched with. Please e-mail email@example.com prior to the event if you have a class during the event.
The mandatory training for UTA-HOSTS! Mentors will be held on Saturday, April 23, 2016. All mentors are required to attend this training in order to serve as a mentor in the program.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org