Undergraduate Student Leadership Fellow
The Undergraduate Student Leadership Fellow is responsible for assisting with Leadership Center programs and acting as a resource to The Leadership Center. This individual will have the opportunity to work with the Leadership Academy and UTA Volunteers as well as assist with collateral assignments when requested. The Undergraduate Student Leadership Fellow will assist with forwarding the mission of The Leadership Center, the Division of Student Affairs, and The University of Texas at Arlington. Ideal candidates will want to enhance their leadership skills and abilities. This position is supervised by the Graduate Assistant of The Leadership Center.
- Assist the Center staff in the development and implementation of a multi-year/multi-tier leadership program that encompasses emerging leaders through the senior year experience and beyond.
- Assist all student programs of The Leadership Center (Leadership Academy and UTA Volunteers) by providing programmatic and administrative support.
- Promote the leadership minor/certificate and leadership programs.
- Work with the Director and Associate Director in preparing academic courses.
- Support Leadership Center staff in leadership and service program development and implementation.
- Supports the mission, as well as all policies and procedures of the department and the university.
- Promote leadership theory and development to create a civil, just and diverse community.
- Meet regularly with The Leadership Center graduate assistant to discuss direction of the program, progress, and concerns.
- Service as a positive role model as a Student Leadership Fellow and abide by professional standards and ethics.
- Develop credible, working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Be flexible, open-minded, and maintain a positive attitude.
The Undergraduate Student Leadership Fellow for The Leadership Center can work up to 19 hours per week, which might involve some evening and weekend hours. This position will receive a $1000 scholarship — $500 for the Fall semester and $500 for the Spring semester — and is a competitive, non-academic scholarship. Requirements for this position include full-time enrollment in at The University of Texas at Arlington.