Maverick Leadership Scholarship
The Maverick Leadership Scholarship is awarded by The Leadership Center to entering freshmen who have demonstrated persistent leadership and scholarship during high school. Each student selected receives a $2000 scholarship which is renewable for 3 years. The award is to encourage high school students to continue their leadership development and academic achievement during college.
PLEASE NOTE: Academic Partnership students and students opting to participate in the Coordinated Admission Program (CAP) are not eligible for UT Arlington’s general scholarships or the Maverick Leadership Scholarship.
Application deadline is Friday, February 13, 2015.
Requirements for the Maverick Leadership Scholarship
- Any individuals applying for the Maverick Leadership Scholarship must have been admitted into UT Arlington by the due date.
- Demonstrate active leadership involvement in a variety of activities throughout high school.
- Minimum 1100 SAT or 24 ACT test score.
- School transcripts (our office cannot access any transcripts submitted to admissions and records offices; they must be also submitted with this application).
- A cumulative G.P.A. of 3.25 on 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Recommendation letter from a club or organizational advisor that addresses your leadership abilities. Please send this with your application materials.
- A typed resume along with answers to the short answer and essay questions below must be included with your application. Recommendation letters must be in a sealed envelope and submitted with the application form.