Maverick Leadership Scholarship
The Maverick Leadership Scholarship is awarded by The Leadership Center to entering freshmen who have demonstrated persistent leadership and scholarship during high school. Each student selected receives a $2000 scholarship which is renewable for 3 years. The award is to encourage high school students to continue their leadership development and academic achievement during college.
Requirements for the Maverick Leadership Scholarship
- Any individuals applying for the Maverick Leadership Scholarship must have been admitted into UT Arlington by February 17, 2014.
- Demonstrate active leadership involvement in a variety of activities throughout high school.
- Minimum 1100 SAT or 24 ACT test score.
- School transcripts (our office cannot access any transcripts submitted to admissions and records offices; they must be also submitted with this application).
- A cumulative G.P.A. of 3.25 on 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Recommendation letter from a club or organizational advisor that addresses your leadership abilities. Please send this with your application materials.
- A typed resume along with answers to the short answer and essay questions below must be included with your application. Recommendation letters must be in a sealed envelope and submitted with the application form.