Safe Zone Ally Training
The LGBTQA Program works in conjunction with UT Arlington’s ally training, Safe Zone, sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, the office of the Provost, and Human Resources. The program seeks to expand Safe Zone into student friendly educational efforts while also encouraging greater staff and faculty participation.
Participants in Safe Zone will learn about heterosexual privilege, campus and community resources, and how to be supportive to members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) community. At the conclusion of the training, participants have the option to display a Safe Zone symbol as a signal to the campus community, and especially LGBTQ individuals, that they maintain a safe and affirming environment. After completion of the training, participants will receive a Safe Zone decal and resources, and will be equipped with the tools necessary to:
- Respond in an appropriate, affirming and supportive manner to LGBTQ individuals
- Know resources and/or where to find them
- Examine his/her own attitudes, behaviors, and values, and challenge others to do the same
For information on the Safe Zone program, please email email@example.com.
- Stephen Santa-Ramirez, Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs & "LGBTQA Program Advisor", firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lucas Lothamer, Graduate Student Ally Representative, email@example.com
- John Hillas, Division of Student Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charity Stutzman, Relationship Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention, email@example.com
- Cynthia Manzano, Counseling Services, firstname.lastname@example.org