Safe Zone Ally Training
The LGBTQA Program works in conjunction with UT Arlington’s ally training, Safe Zone, sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, the office of the Provost, and Human Resources. The program seeks to expand Safe Zone into student friendly educational efforts while also encouraging greater staff and faculty participation.
Participants in Safe Zone will learn about heterosexual privilege, campus and community resources, and how to be supportive to members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) community. At the conclusion of the training, participants have the option to display a Safe Zone symbol as a signal to the campus community, and especially LGBTQ individuals, that they maintain a safe and affirming environment. After completion of the training, participants will receive a Safe Zone decal and resources, and will be equipped with the tools necessary to:
- Respond in an appropriate, affirming and supportive manner to LGBTQ individuals
- Know resources and/or where to find them
- Examine his/her own attitudes, behaviors, and values, and challenge others to do the same
For information on the Safe Zone program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stephen Santa-Ramirez, Assistant Director of Multicultural Affairs & "LGBTQA Program Advisor", email@example.com
- Lucas Lothamer, LGBTQA Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Hillas, Division of Student Affairs, email@example.com
- Charity Stutzman, Relationship Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vickie Goins, Counseling Services, email@example.com
Register for the Spring Training Now!
Safe Zone training aims to create a visible network of support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning individuals and their allies by providing an avenue through which any member of UT Arlington can show their support, come out Jan. 28th, Feb. 19th, March 20th or April 14th from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
To participate for Safe Zone trainings register here!!