September 1, 2008-August 31, 2011
Revised and updated, January, 2010
Teach our users to discover, evaluate and use information and technology resources as integral parts of academic discourse and scholarship.
- Increase information fluency and research skills.
- Identify non-course-related library workshops related to research and scholarship and develop a means to sustain and market them.
- Investigate and recommend the creation of digital learning objects that address information fluency and research skills.
- Increase growth opportunities for instructional staff.
Make our resources and services known to our user communities.
- Increase the visibility of the Library.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Increase Library staff awareness of Library activities and processes.
- Investigate and recommend methods for making communication more effective.
Promote awareness of scholarly communication trends and facilitate the faculty's participation in open access initiatives.
- Library staff will be knowledgeable resources for scholarly communication issues.
- Educate library staff about the trends and issues regarding scholarly communications so that they can serve as resources for the faculty and advocates for open access.
- Increase the faculty's and administration's awareness of changes in scholarly communication.
- Expand communication efforts to faculty and the administration about scholarly communication issues.
- Provide opportunities for faculty contributions in open access sources.
- Develop incentives to encourage faculty to distribute their work in open access sources.
Provide digital services that enhance learning and research.
- Increase user success in discovering resources.
- Investigate and recommend a next-generation OPAC.
- Investigate and recommend RFID for possible implementation.
- Perform an inventory of the print material in Central to enhance accuracy in the Voyager database.
- Increase digital content.
- Develop and establish the framework for the Institutional Repository.
- Add one digital collection per year of our unique library materials to the Institutional Repository.
- Modernize the website so that is successfully communicates with and engages our users.
- Review the current website in preparation to adopt the Campus Content Management System (CMS).
Provide Library physical space that satisfies users' needs and improves operations.
- Optimize learning environments.
- Identify and implement the practicable portions of the 07/08 space recommendations.
- Redesign the Architecture & Fine Arts Library to incorporate additional space.
- Address the need for cold storage to preserve the negatives in Special Collections.