Current UT Arlington faculty, staff and students are eligible to check out a laptop.
Borrowing a Laptop
- You can borrow a laptop from Central, Science & Engineering, and Architecture & Fine Arts Service Desks for 24 hours. Laptops can be used outside the libraries, but the wireless equipment will only work on campus in areas with access to the UT Arlington wireless network.
- Laptops are available on a first-come first-serve basis and are non-renewable.
- You can only borrow one laptop at a time.
- The Library does not reserve laptops for users.
- When a laptop is borrowed, the individual doing so assumes full financial responsibility for the property.
- Laptops must not be left unattended at any time.
- Any malfunctions should be reported to staff when the laptop is returned.
- Borrowers need to save their work to their personal "J" drive. For printing, jobs may be sent to one of the 2nd floor printers of the Central Library.
- When laptops are turned off and on after each circulation, laptops are returned to a default setting and any work done by the user is erased.
- The Library is not responsible for any files left on any laptop or for loss of or damage to a user's file during the loan period.
- The Library is not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to, or from, a user's CD or DVD.
- For help using laptops (both hardware and software), the borrower may seek assistance from the OIT Help Desk on the first floor of the Central Library.
A replacement charge for damage to or the loss of a laptop and/or its peripherals will be assessed as necessary. The estimated value of the equipment is $3000. A processing fee of $35 and overdue fines may also be incurred, depending upon circumstances.
Laptop Agreement Form
The first time a borrower checks out a laptop in each academic year, a Laptop Agreement Form (PDF) must be completed, acknowledging responsibility for the equipment. That form is kept on file with the User Engagment and Services in the Library.
Applications Available on Laptops
Fire Fox 3.0.5
MS Office Access 2007
MS Office Excel 2007
MS Office FrontPage 2003
MS Office Groove 2007
MS Office InfoPath 2007
MS Office OneNote 2007
MS Office Outlook 2007
MS Office Picture Manager
MS Office PowerPoint 2007
MS Office Publisher 2007
MS Office Tools 2007
MS Office Word 2007
Win Zip 12.0
Browser helpware applications:
Adobe Acrobat Reader v.9
AlternaTIFF (a TIFF file viewer)
Macromedia Authorware Player
Macromedia Shockwave Player
Real One Player
SSH Secure Shell 3.2.9
Win DVD 4.0