Current UT Arlington faculty, staff and students are eligible to check out a laptop.
Borrowing a Laptop
- You can borrow a laptop from Central, Science & Engineering, and Architecture & Fine Arts Service Desks for 3 days. Laptops can be used outside the libraries, but the wireless equipment will only work on campus in areas with access to the UT Arlington wireless network.
- Laptops are available on a first-come first-serve basis and are non-renewable.
- You can only borrow one laptop at a time.
- The Library does not reserve laptops for users.
- When a laptop is borrowed, the individual doing so assumes full financial responsibility for the property.
- Laptops come with a bag and a charger; other peripherals are available upon request.
- Laptops must not be left unattended at any time.
- Any malfunctions should be reported to staff when the laptop is returned.
- Borrowers need to save their work to their personal "J" drive. For printing, jobs may be sent to one of the 2nd floor printers of the Central Library.
- When laptops are turned off and on after each circulation, laptops are returned to a default setting and any work done by the user is erased.
- The Library is not responsible for any files left on any laptop or for loss of or damage to a user's file during the loan period.
- The Library is not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to, or from, a user's CD or DVD.
- For help using laptops (both hardware and software), the borrower may seek assistance from the OIT Help Desk on the first floor of the Central Library.
A replacement charge for damage to or the loss of a laptop and/or its peripherals will be assessed as necessary. The estimated value of the equipment is $3000. A processing fee of $35 and overdue fines may also be incurred, depending upon circumstances.
- Network cable
- Sony MDR Headphones
Applications Available on Laptops
7-Zip 9.20 (x64 edition)
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
Adobe Flash Plater 11 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.0
ArchGIS Desktop 10
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 – English
Blackboard IM 4.0.1-C
Document Express DjVu Plug-in
Freedom Scientific FSReader 2.0
Freedom Scientific JAWS 13.0
Java 7 Update 65 (64-bit)
LizardTech ExpressView Browser Plugin
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox 22.0 (x86 en-US)
Naxos Sheet Music Viewer
Roxio Creator Starter
SSH Secure Shell
System Center Endpoint Protection
VLC media player
NOTE: Some of the higher end applications like Blender will only work on newer laptops.