The Libraries offers a wide variety of books which can be borrowed including most books in the Architecture & Fine Arts Library, Central Library, and the Science & Engineering Library
- New books, including those displayed on New Book Shelves
- Most US Government Publications
- Most Texas State Publications
Books that cannot be borrowed include:
- Reference resources
- Special Collections materials
Periodicals in the UT Arlington Libraries can be checked out only for short periods of time and only by people with the borrowing privileges of UT Arlington Faculty and graduate students. Periodicals cannot be borrowed by UT Arlington undergraduate students, staff, and guest borrowers. Periodicals that can be borrowed include:
- Most current and bound periodicals in Architecture & Fine Arts, Central, and Science & Engineering Libraries.
- Most current and bound Government Documents periodicals
- Most current and bound Multicultural Collection (MCC) periodicals
Periodicals that cannot be borrowed include:
- Current or bound periodicals that have been placed on Reserve
- Periodicals that the Libraries own in microfilm or microfiche, or in an electronic format
- Periodicals in Special Collections
You can borrow other materials from the Libraries including:
- Media materials:
- non-media materials accompanying media items
Loan periods are determined by the faculty member placing the item on reserve, for course materials; or by a librarian, for other materials.
View borrowing information for reserves
Some materials in the UT Arlington Libraries cannot be checked out.
These materials include:
- Reference materials at the Architecture & Fine Arts, Central, and Science & Engineering Libraries
- Items in Special Collections
- Microfilm, microfiche, and other microform
- Certain periodicals
- UT Arlington Music Department concert recordings
Certain exceptions might apply in special circumstances. Contact the Service Desk in person, by e-mail (email@example.com), or by phone (817-272-3395) for more information.