About American Indian Histories and Cultures
Vendor: Adam Matthew
Description: American Indian Histories and Cultures features a wide range of materials including:
- Manuscripts (treaties, speeches, petitions, diaries, travel journals, ledger books)
- Artwork (illustrations, sketches, watercolors, oil paintings, American Indian art)
- American Indian Newspapers covering the 1960s to 1990s
- Rare Printed Books
- Cross-searching with The American West
- Interactive data maps highlighting tribal populations, resources such as buffalo herd, European expansion, the westward tracking of the railways, etc.
- Visual galleries, which include stunning artworks, portraits, arresting photographs as well as illustrations and sketches from both American Indians and American/European travelers.
- Online Exhibitions which draw upon primary source material to provide further information and brief histories on key subjects.
- A detailed chronology
- Carefully selected external links
- Contextual essays from leading scholars, including our editorial board members.