Access SciFinder with an Account
Access to SciFinder is restricted to users with an account. If you already have a SciFinder account, sign in below. If you need to register for an account, please read the instructions on this page.
Register for a SciFinder Account
- Access to SciFinder is restricted to currently enrolled students and currently appointed faculty and staff at the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Academic use of SciFinder is restricted by conditions you agree to upon logging in. Please read and be aware of these conditions. CAS actively monitors searching activity for evidence of abuse.
- Only one user account is allowed per email address.
- Each individual must have his/her own SciFinder account. As with all personal data, never share your username and password with anyone else. CAS will delete accounts that it suspects are shared or abusive.
- Go to SciFinder Registration
- Fill out the account request form.
- First Name and Last Name
- Email address. When entering your email address, use the one assigned to you by UT Arlington. It must end in uta.edu
- User Name. Must be unique and contain 5-15 characters. It can contain only letters or a combination of letters, numbers, and/or these special characters: - (dash); _ (underscore); . (period); @ (at symbol).
- Password: Must contain 7-15 characters and include at least three of the following: letters; mixed upper- and lowercase letters; numbers; non-alphanumeric characters such as @ # % & *&
- Security Question. Fill this out. UT Arlington will not know your password, and this field will help you retrieve forgotten passwords.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email, containing an IP-restricted link that you must follow to complete the process. (If you are off campus, you must have a proxied browser session or the link won't work.)
Questions? Contact Antoinette Nelson.