|About WRDS||Access WRDS with an account||Register for a WRDS account||Access WRDS without an account|
Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is an Internet-based data research service from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Wharton Research Data Services, or WRDS, is a comprehensive web-based data management system that allows faculty and students to easily retrieve information from a wide variety of financial, economic, and marketing data sources. Because the WRDS service is internet-based, you can access Wharton Research Data Services from anywhere in the world.
UT Arlington has access to these databases through WRDS:
- Corporate Library
- Subscription Databases
Access WRDS with an Account
Access to WRDS is limited to current UT Arlington students, faculty, and staff with an account. If you already have an account, sign in below. If you need to register for an account, please read the instructions on this page.
Register for a WRDS Account
Current faculty, staff, and students at UT Arlington are eligible for web access through individual accounts. View Account Types. Users must have a UT Arlington NetID and active email address. Alumni members of the community, research colleagues outside the university and others who are not actively employed or registered with the university do not qualify.
- Go to http://wrds.wharton.upenn.edu/
- On the left, under the "Sign Up" box, click on the link "Register for a WRDS Account."
- Fill out the account request form.
- Institution - University of Texas at Arlington
- Account Type - View Account Types
- First Name and Last Name
- Email address. When entering your email address, use the one assigned to you by UT Arlington.
- For Students - email@example.com
- For Faculty/Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Access WRDS without an Account
All UT Arlington students, faculty and staff can use WRDS via the web(from off campus, log in with your UT Arlington NetID). No permanent disk storage space is available when connecting without an account.
WRDS complete documentation is available online to account holders.