Thesis & Dissertation Information
Thesis and dissertation documents must be written in the format set by the Office of Graduate Studies. UT Arlington’s requirements ensure that all thesis/dissertation documents have a uniform appearance and are suitable for archiving. Our requirements follow the guidelines provided in Kate L. Turabian’s A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, 7th edition, with a few modifications.
Thesis and dissertation students must submit their documents using the UMI/ETD website. Once submitted, the ETD Coordinator will perform a mechanical check of your document to ensure that it meets of all the required elements. These guidelines only apply to the appearance of your document; the content of your thesis or dissertation must be approved by your committee.
- Thesis and Dissertation Template for Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Word Template Instructions
- LaTex Template
Thesis & Dissertation Guides
- Thesis and Dissertation Handbook
- Thesis and Dissertation Flowchart
- Step-by-step Thesis and Dissertation Submission Guide
- Embargo Statement
- Thesis and Dissertation Checklist
For additional help, contact:
UTA Central Library - B10