Binding for UT Arlington Departments
Assistance in binding books or periodicals owned by UT Arlington departments is available from the Library's Access & Discovery Department.
- Contact Lea Akins or Sunday Phillips:
- In person: Access & Discovery Dept., Central Library B29
- Phone: 817-272-7432 or 817-272-7425
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Cost of binding is at state contract rates (which are significantly lower than open market rates). Payment is usually handled by means of Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT). Direct billing can be arranged, if necessary.
Binding Personal Copies of Theses and Dissertations
The Library provides binding for student's personal copies of their UT Arlington thesis or dissertation.
Shipments normally leave twice a month, which allows for a 3-4 week turn around. If a faster service is needed, you are encouraged to check the Yellow Pages for binders in the area.
Theses are bound with black covers and stamped with gold lettering, and dissertations are bound with gray covers and stamped with black lettering, following the official pattern for UT Arlington. The title, as it appears on the title page, will be stamped on the spine. Additional binding customizations may be available and may have an extra charge.
- Provide a print copy or copies on any type of paper; however acid-free, 25% cotton, 20 lb paper is the current standard for archival materials.
- Each copy should be placed in a separate manila envelope with the author's name clearly written on the outside. Underline the surname to be stamped on the spine. Write "personal copy" on each envelope.
- Visit the Bursar's Office in Davis Hall to pay for binding. Explain you are paying for personal thesis/dissertation copies ($26.50 if mailed within the US, $33.50 if mailed to Mexico or Canada, and $43.50 if mailed internationally). You can also add CD/DVD pockets, this cost is $3.00 per pocket, and you must inform the Bursar at time of payment.
- Bring your copies and Bursar's Office receipt to: UT Arlington's Central Library - Basement, Room B29. We can accept bindery submissions between 8am and 5pm Monday-Friday.
- You will be asked to provide a mailing address. All thesis/dissertations will be shipped directly to you once they return from the bindery. You may not pick up your copies.
- The Library does not check these copies in any way, so please be sure that they are correct. Send direct order status inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if something goes wrong with the order. We are not responsible for any mailings lost by the U.S. Postal Service.