The University of Texas at Arlington Library is committed to accessibility, diversity, and providing services and resources to all Library users.
The following accessibility features are available in the physical facilities of the Library:
- Automatic entry and exit doors for Central Library
- Public elevators equipped with Braille notations and floor announcements in Central Library
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms on each floor of Central Library
- Wheelchair-height workstations and study carrels in Central Library, Architecture & Fine Arts Library, and Science & Engineering Library (look for "wheelchair" symbol)
Central Library offers the following software and hardware to enhance computer accessibility.
Public Use Computers (Located on all floors)
- JAWS (text reader software)
- MAGic (screen magnification software)
Classroom Equipment (Located in B20, in the Basement):
- Computers with JAWS (text reader software) and MAGic (screen magnification software)
- Adjustable height workstation with a 20" monitor
Other Accessible Equipment (Located on the 2nd floor, near the elevators)
- Text Enlarger (used to magnify printed text)
Learn how to access articles and databases off-campus.
Distance Education and Disabilities Delivery Service
The Library delivers library resources to users with disabilities who are registered with the Office for Students with Disabilities.
The Library provides assistance in using resources, locating and retrieving Library materials from inaccessible shelves, and other accomodations. Accomodations may vary depending on the Library location. Please contact the Library if you have special or unique accomodations.
Workshops, training, and instruction rely heavily on visuals or sound. Instruction sessions can be tape-recorded so the volume can be increased for later reference. Handouts can be enlarged, or electronic copies can be provided. Please contact Mary Jo Lyons at 817-272-7520 to request arrangements.