Vistasp Karbhari, Ph.D.
"Durability of Composite Materials"
Clement Hiel , Ph.D.
"Educate to Innovate"
Satya Atluri, Ph.D.
Texas Tech University
"Damage Tolerance of Heterogeneous Material Systems With Complex Micro-Structures"
Denis Cormier, Ph.D.
Brinkman Lab, RIT
"Frontiers and Challenges in Additive Manufacturing"
Dale Ball, PhD
"Industrial/Government on Durability Issues"
Wen Chan, Ph.D.
"Industrial/Government on Durability Issues"
Victor Giurgiutiu, Ph.D.
University of South Carolina
"Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of Aerospace Composites - Challenges and Opportunities"
Antonio Marques, Ph.D.
University of Porto
"Design for Durability of Composite Pipes"
Waruna Seneviratne, Ph.D.
NAIR, Wichita State University
"Certification of Metal-Composite Hybrid Structgures using a Single Full-Scale Test Arlticle"
Kyle Brinkman, Ph.D.
"Composite Materials in Nuclear Energy: Multiphase Ceramic Waste Forms"
Scott Case, Ph.D.
"Fire Resistance and Durability of Composite Structures"
Erian Armanios, PhD
University of Texas at Arlington
Masayuki Nakada, Ph.D.
Kanazawa Institute of Technology
"Durability and Damage Evolution"
Craig Przybyla, Ph.D.
Air Force Research Laboratory, WPAFB, OH
"Extreme-Value Processing-Microstructure-Property Relationships in SiC/SiC Ceramic Matrix Composites"
Andrey Ushakov , Ph.D.
"Applications of Composite Materials to Rail Systems"
Leila Ladani , Ph.D.
University of Connecticut"Fabrication and Theoretical Evaluation of Thermo-Mechanical Durability of Cn-CNT Composites"
Composites in Civil Infrastructure Applications
A Special Session Organized by CICI_UTA , NSF IUCRC
Session Chair: Anand J. Puppala, PhD, PE, DGE
Associate Dean for Research and Professor of Civil Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington
Special Session Fee (Professionals): $100
Special Session Fee (Students): $25
12-15 June 2016
The organizing committee has the pleasure to invite you to the 12th edition of the International Conference on Durability of Composite Systems, DURACOSYS 2016, June 12-15, 2016. This series of conferences was initiated in 1990 and has been held bi-annually in many venues around the world since that time, in Europe, Japan, and the United States. We welcome our colleagues to Texas for the 12th conference.
DURACOSYS has the tradition of focusing on the science, ideas, and methods that enable applications, and the challenges that result from engineering development. The final day of DURACOSYS 2016 will be lead by industry, and will be dedicated to "IDEAS TO APPLICATIONS". Also, this conference will feature an affiliation with DEStech Publications.
Call for Papers
Participants are invited to submit a two page extended abstract including author(s) name and affiliation. The abstract should be uploaded online or sent by email to the conference secretariat before 1 March, 2016. Presentations can be either oral or as a poster depending on the suggestions of the reviewers and the decision of the scientific committee.
Papers related to all aspects of durability of composite systems are welcome for presentation.
Special sessions are organized in:
- Manufacturing: defects, modeling, remediation
- Health monitoring and condition based maintenance
- Light-weighting and vehicular applications
- Computer vision and digital image processing
- Durability of composite materials for energy conversion and storage
- Composite materials in civil infrastructure
- Analysis methods: high strain rates; large deformations
- Multiphysics aspects of durability of composite systems
Other suggested topics include:
- Durability of bio-composite systems
- Composites for extreme environments
- Composites for alternative energy applications
- Multiaxial fatigue; methods and analysis
- Case studies
- Damage mechanics
- Durability of nano-composites
The conference venue is Sheraton Arlington Hotel, Arlington, Texas, only 15 minutes from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The venue is served by two international airports, Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Dallas Love Field (DAL).
The conference fee of $670 will include all conference material, lunches, breaks, and the conference dinner. After May 30 the registration fee will increase to $950. The student registration fee is $350 (not including the conference dinner). All participants submitting and presenting papers are required to pay registration fees.
International Organizing Committee
- S. Case, Virginia Tech, USA
- S. Ogihara, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
- G. Papanicolaou, University of Patras, Greece
- K. Reifsnider, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- A. Torres-Marques, University of Porto, Portugal
- G. Verchery, ISMANS, Le Mans, France
International Scientific Committee
- R.D. Adams, University of Bristol, UK
- A. Aniskevich, University of Latvia, Latvia
- P. Camanho, University of Porto, Portugal
- Yuris Dzenis, University of Nebraska, USA
- J. Degrieck, Ghent University, Belgium
- A. D'Amore, Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Italy
- G. Gibson, University of Newcastle, UK
- R. M. Guedes, University of Porto, Portugal
- P. Hamelin, INSA Lyon, France
- V. Kostopoulos, University of Patras, Greece
- P. Ladaveze, ENS Cachan, France
Local Organizing Committee
- Ken Reifsnider
- Erian Armanios
- Mickey McCabe
- Vistasp Karbhari
- Andrew Makeev
- Wen Chan
- Seiichi Nomura
- Haiying Huang
- D. Stefan Dancila
- Rassel Raihan
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington, TX 76019-0018
T: +1 817 272 2603
F: +1 817 272 5010