UTA will host the 3rd Annual 3D Printed Aircraft Competition July 13, 2019, at Maverick Stadium in Arlington, Texas. As 3D printing technologies have expanded, the design space for many applications, the challenge of leveraging this design freedom for improved performance while satisfying fabrication process constraints has likewise increased. This competition challenges students to:
- Integrate design and advanced manufacturing to maximize mission performance
- Design within 3D printing process and material constraints
- Develop lightweight, manufacturable airframe configurations
- Leverage direct digital manufacturing technologies
- Develop team and hands-on design experience
Registration deadline: January 31
Design Submission deadline: May 31
Aircraft check-in date: July 12 by 4 p.m.
Fly-off date: July 13
Fly-off location: UTA Maverick Stadium, 1307 W Mitchell St., Arlington, TX
Thanks to our generous sponsors for making this event possible:
Click on this link to sign up for email updates about the competition.