Take the THEA. THEA test scores (or proof of exemption) are not required for Admission, but are required in order to enroll in classes. For more information, see www.uta.edu/admissions/successinitiative.
- Admissions Phone: 817-272-6287 (for general THEA questions)
- Testing Services Phone: 817-272-2362 (to schedule a test date)
- Complete your admissions file. Make sure all final transcripts (high school and college) and all other documents have been sent to the UTA Admissions Office, First Floor Davis Hall. Phone: 817-272-6287.
- Read the catalog. The Undergraduate Catalog is your guide to the University. New students receive a coupon for a free catalog which can be picked up in the Registrar's Office, First Floor Davis Hall, then read pages 22-42, and the pages pertaining to the major of your choice. Or, you may see the entire catalog on line at: www.uta.edu/catalog/.
- You must take the Math Placement Test (MPT) and/or Calculus Readiness Test (CRT) in order to be able to take college level math at UTA. It is offered in Room 478 Pickard Hall, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Phone: 817-272-3262.
- Make sure Testing Services has any AP or CLEP test scores and complete the "Petition to Record Credit by Examination" form. Assessment Services, Second Floor Davis Hall. Phone 817-272-2362.
Steps 1 - 4 should be done before you meet with an academic advisor!
- Advising. Meet with your academic advisor to get approval to register.
- Undeclared Students: University Advising Center. Phone: 817-272-3140
- Pre-majors and Majors, see your academic department or check out this webpage: www.uta.edu/uac/studentsuccess/?c=Academic-Advising-Info.
- Register. Pick the days and times for your classes using the online schedule of classes at and register yourself in those classes online at www.uta.edu/mymav. Make sure to order a parking pass when you register, if you will need one.
- Pay. Verify your financial aid (if you applied and qualified) and pay your bill.
- Financial Aid Office, Second Floor Davis Hall. Phone: 817-272-3561
- Bursar's Office (you pay in person here), First Floor Davis Hall. Phone: 817-272-2172
- Identify Yourself. Get your Student ID in the Mav Express Office, University Center, 300 West First Street. Phone: 817-272-2645
- Buy Your Textbooks. Take a copy of your class schedule to the UTA Bookstore, 400 South Pecan Street and they can help you select the correct books. Phone: 817-272-2785. Or, buy your books online at www.uta.edu/bookstore.
- Activate Your E-Mail. All students are automatically assigned a UTA e-mail account. Many official communications are sent to this address, whether or not you check it! You may not set your account to automatically forward to another e-mail account. Instructions are available on the MavMail website.