Faculty, Students in the News
Faculty in the News
- Drs. Epperson (third from right), Jorgensen (second from left), and Shipman (third from left) have received the 2010 UT System Regents' Outstanding Teaching Awards. Only 7 faculty members from the entire UT Arlington campus received this prestigious award.
Read more in the UT Arlington news release ...
- Drs. Ambartsoumian and Y. Liu have each received a Norman Hackerman Advanced Research Program grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. These are highly competitive grants. In 2010, only eight awards were made to UT Arlington faculty, who submitted 136 proposals and 35 full proposals to this program. Read more in the UT Arlington news release ...
- Dr. Cordero-Epperson has received the 2009 UT System Regents' Outstanding Teaching Awards. She is among the 9 faculty members from the entire UT Arlington campus recognized by this prestigious award. Read more in the UT Arlington news release ...
- Dr. Michaela Vancliff and Mr. David Smith have been named ''Phi Kappa Phi Recognized Professor'' and inducted into the UT Arlington's chapter of the Honor Society Phi Kappa Phi.
- Ms. Pat Ellington Pat was recognized by Freshmen Leaders on Campus (FLOC) for her positive influence on new students.
- Dr. James Epperson (co-PI), along with Dr. Lynn Peterson (PI, Engineering), Dr. J. T. Carter (co-PI, Engineering), Dr. Ramon Lopez (co-PI, Physics), and Dr. K. Schug (co-PI, Chemistry), has received a five-year NSF grant of $1,999,994 on ''AURAS: Arlington Undergraduate Research-based Achievement for STEM.'' Read more ...
- Dr. Dimitar Grantcharov has received a two-year NSA grant of $30,000 for
''Weight Modules of Lie Algebras and Superalgebras''
- Dr. David Jorgensen has received a two-year NSA (National Security Agency) grant of $81,309 for his project on ''Vanishing of Ext and Artin Algebras''.
- Dr. Theresa Jorgensen and Dr. Christopher Kribs Zaleta have received a competitive supplement grant of $40,457 to their current Teacher Quality grant from the THECB.
- Dr. Yan Li (Co-PI), along with Dr. Mario I. Romero-Ortega (PI, Bioengineering), Dr. Young-Tae Kim (co-PI, Bioengineering), Dr. Edward Keefer (co-PI, Plexon Inc.), and Dr. Harvey Wiggins (co-PI, Plexon Inc.), has received a 3-year $2,195,542 DARPHA grant for a research project on ''Cellular and Molecular Contribution to Signal Instability in Peripheral Regenerative Neurointerfaces''.
- Dr. Jianzhong Su (co-PI) and Dr. Hanli Liu (PI, Bioengineering) have received a 3-year NIH grant of $958,666 for their research project on ''Transrectal Imaging of Prostate Cancer Using a Globally Convergent Method''.
Students in the News
- Antonio Lopez was featured in the SACNAS News. Read more ...
- Ernesto Garcia received a first place HURCA (Honors Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity) presentation award and an award for ''Best Talk for Student Session V: Applications of Mathematics to Science'' at the MAA Texas Section meeting in Abilene in April 2010. He was also selected as Who's Who Among American College and University students.
- The following students have received 2010 Department of Mathematics Scholarships and Special Awards:
- Stephen R. Bernfeld Memorial Scholarship:
- H. A. D. Dunsworth Scholarship:
- John A. Gardner Scholarship:
Andrew Whaley $2500
- R. Kannan Memorial Scholarship:
- Michael B. and Wanda G. Ray Fellowship:
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award:
- Outstanding Graduate Research Award:
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award:
- Outstanding Senior Award:
- Outstanding Junior Award:
- Outstanding Math Clinic Tutor Award: