The UTTER Program:
Undergraduate Training in Theoretical Ecology Research
The Departments of Mathematics and Biology at the University of Texas
at Arlington invite qualified undergraduate students to apply for UTTER scholarships.
The scholarships provide each program participant with two years of
financial support for a total of $9,200.
The core of the UTTER activity is a unique two-year
integrated research and education experience for undergraduates
in biology and mathematics. It consists of:
- New interdisciplinary courses integrating
mathematical techniques and biological systems.
- Team research projects at the interface of mathematics and biology.
- Travel to present research results at professional
- Summer research at UT Arlington and the opportunity
to participate in summer research programs at other universities.
- Extensive faculty, peer and industrial mentoring as well
as guidance in pursuing graduate studies and interdisciplinary careers.