The UTTER Program:
Undergraduate Training in Theoretical Ecology Research
The Departments of Mathematics and Biology at the University of Texas
at Arlington invite qualified undergraduate students to apply for UTTER scholarships.
The scholarships provide each program participant with two years of
financial support for a total of $9,200.
The core of the UTTER activity is a unique two-year
integrated research and education experience for undergraduates
in biology and mathematics. It consists of:
Undergraduate students with at least two years
remaining to complete their B.S. degree are
encouraged to apply for the UTTER scholarships. Application deadline for the 2013-2015 UTTER cohort is
March 31, 2013. Late applications will be considered if scholarship funds
are still available.
- New interdisciplinary courses integrating
mathematical techniques and biological systems.
- Team research projects at the interface of mathematics and biology.
- Travel to present research results at professional
- Summer research at UT Arlington and the opportunity
to participate in summer research programs at other universities.
- Extensive faculty, peer and industrial mentoring as well
as guidance in pursuing graduate studies and interdisciplinary careers.