- GLOBAL 2301 - Introduction to International Studies
- CHIN, GERM, or RUSS
- 1441 - Beginning Chinese, German, or Russian I
- 1442 - Beginning Chinese, German, or Russian II
- 2313 - Intermediate Chinese, German, or Russian I
- 2314 - Intermediate Chinese, German, or Russian II
- Four 3000 or 4000 level courses in Chinese, German, or Russian
- Four 3000 or 4000 level courses in International Studies, chosen from one of the following themes:
- International Issues (Business, Ethics, and Sustainability)
- Arts and Humanities (Art, History, Literature, and Music)
- Social and Cultural Studies (Anthropology, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology)
For a complete listing of relevant courses in these three categories, click here.
For more information contact the undergraduate advisor in the Department of Modern Languages, Thelma Cabrera, or, contact Dr. Neal Liang for Chinese, Sabine Harvey for German, or Dr. Lonny Harrison for Russian.
Students are encouraged to pursue a Certificate in Localization and Translation. The courses required for this certificate overlap significantly with the major degree. Four 3000 or 4000 level courses in Chinese, Russian, or German are required for the Degree in Critical Languages and International Studies. The certificate requires five courses. (For specific course requirements, see the Certificate in Localization and Translation homepage.)