French Programs at UTA
The prime objective of French studies at UTA is that every student become skilled in using the French language in all types of communication, and that he or she understand as fully as possible French and Francophone literature and civilization and the contributions they have made and continue to make to human culture.
The French Section of the Department of Modern Languages seeks
- To prepare interested students in future careers, such as college and secondary teaching, translation, international relations, and business.
- To give students a well-rounded education that will stand them in good stead in careers not directly related to France.
- To make all students conscious of the wealth and diversity of the humanistic experience open to the world of language, the arts, and the intellect.
- To encourage and enable students to continue the development of their interests and the strengthening of their powers as human beings throughout their lives.
French at UTA offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- B.A. in French.
- Minor in French. B.B.A. in International Business with French concentration (in conjunction with the UTA Business School).
- Certificate of Localization and Translation.
- Honors programs in French also may be devised.