MODL Picture


Korean Minor

Course Requirements

  • KORE 1442*
  • KORE 2313
  • KORE 2314
  • 9 hours of 3000 or 4000 level Korean coursework.

*Although not required for the minor, credit for 1441 with a grade of C or above is required to enroll in 1442. Likewise, a C or above is required for each course in the series in order to enroll in the next.

How to Declare an Korean Minor

Most College of Liberal Arts majors (Anthropology, Art, Art History, Communication, English, History, Linguistics, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Theatre Arts), may simply send an email request with the subject heading "Korean Minor Request" in which you indicate your name, student ID#, major, and desired language minor (i.e. Korean) to, and we will process your request.

For other majors, including those outside the College of Liberal Arts (Business, Education, Engineering, Nursing, Sciences, Social Work, etc…), please download and fill out our Minor Enrollment form, initialing and signing where indicated, then take the form to your major advisor for his signature. Once you and your major advisor have signed the form, deliver it to the Department of Modern Languages in 230 Hammond Hall.

Certificate in Localization & Translation

In this five-course certificate program students develop specialized skills in translation and study the processes of localization for future employment in the language services industry.

  • 3 courses
    • KORE 3310
    • KORE 3311 (3311 is a skills course and must be taken twice)
  • 2 courses
    • KORE 3303
    • KORE 3304
    • Or two upper-division offerings in campus disciplines with an area studies focus related to the language and culture of study.

For more information, contact the Modern Languages Advisor, Thelma Cabrera, or Dr. Sok Ju Kim.

More details may be found on the CLIS website:

Image Attribution and copyright information here.