Charles T. McDowell Center for Critical Languages and Area Studies Scholarships
Betty and Roger Ruch Study-abroad Scholarships
These competitive awards for up to $2,000 are open to all qualified undergraduates and can be used in disciplines within the College of Liberal Arts and other component parts of the University of Texas at Arlington. These awards are to be used in conjunction with study-abroad programs - particularly those focused on critical languages - but also for area studies generally.
Critical Language Scholarship Program
“The U.S. Department of State and American Councils welcome all eligible applications and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, or disability.”
The application for summer 2015 will be made available in fall, 2014.
Modern Languages Endowed Scholarship
The Modern Languages Endowed Scholarship was established by a bequest from Mateo Vargas in 1992. The award(s) is/are intended for undergraduate students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in a Modern Language at the University of Texas at Arlington. The award is to be used in the fall and spring semester.
Items to submit
- A completed application form (Click here to download)
- One (1) letter of recommendation
- An unofficial copy of your transcript
- A copy of your Financial Aid Statement if receiving financial aid
- A two-page essay addressing your appreciation for the study of foreign languages and/or your intentions to utilize your knowledge of a foreign language to positively impact our world.
Send Application and Supporting Materials to:
The Department of Modern Languages; Box 19557
The University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington, TX 76019
ATTN: MODL Endowed Scholarship Committee