Certificate in Localization and Translation in Russian
In this five-course certificate program students develop specialized skills in translation and study the processes of localization for future employment in the language services industry.
The Certificate in Localization and Translation in Russian requires
- 3 Localization and Translation courses
- 2 culture courses.
Localization and Translation Courses
- RUSS 3310 Localization and Translation I is an introduction to translation as it occurs in Web environments, together with introductory skills practice in using translation and translation memory software.
- RUSS 3311 Localization and Translation must be taken twice, as the content continuously changes, and skills are practiced and reinforced in this advanced course.
Required Russian Courses
In addition, two culture courses are required:
- RUSS 3333 Conversation and Topics in Russian Culture
- RUSS 4362 The Political Environment of Russia and The Successor States