Research at MNL involves the fabrication, characterization and applications of novel magnetic nanostructures, including multilayer films, nanorods, nanodisks and nanotubes. The current projects include:
- Large area simple nanopattern generation tools - sphere lithography, anodic alumina, and polystyrene colloidal crystal
- Magnetophoresis using multilayered magnetic nanodisks.
- Synthesis of hollow Au nanoparticles and their bioapplications in diagnostic imaging and photothermal therapy.
- Synthesis of core-shell bimetallic nanoparticles and their catalytic applications.
- Yaowu Hao, Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Postdoc Fellow:Chien-Wen Huang
- Chivarat Muangphat (Ph. D.)
- Orathai Thumthan (Ph. D.)
- Jiaqi Wu (Ph. D.)
- Lin Lin (Ph. D.)
Facilities and Equipment
- General wet chemistry facility
- Princeton Applied Research 273A Potentiostat/Galvanostats
- Three eDAQ EA161 Potentiostat /Galvanostats controlled with e-Corder 821
- Homemade anodization system
- KLA-Tencor EV7 Vibrating Sample Magnetometer.
- Huang, C., Y.-J. Li, C. Muangphat, and Y. Hao, Electroless deposition of Au around electrochemically evolved hydrogen bubbles. Electrochimica Acta. 56(24): 8319-8324 (2011).
- Huang, C., J. Jiang, C. Muangphat, X Sun, and Y. Hao, Trapping iron oxide into hollow Au nanoparticles. Nanoscale Research Letters. 6(1): 43 (2011).
- Huang, C. and Y. Hao, Plasmonic properties of polycrystalline hollow Au nanoparticles: a surface roughness effect. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 11(4): 3701-3705 (2011).
- Punnakitikashem, P., S. Chang, C. Huang, J.P. Liu, and Y. Hao., Design and Fabrication of Non-Superparamagnetic High Moment Magnetic Nanoparticles for Bioapplications. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 12: 1101-1106 (2010)
- Huang, C.W., J.C. Jiang, M.Y. Lu, L. Sun, E.I. Meletis, and Y.W. Hao, Capturing Electrochemically Evolved Nanobubbles by Electroless Deposition. A Facile Route to the Synthesis of Hollow Nanoparticles. Nano Letters, 9(12): 4297-4301 (2009)
- Huang, C.W. and Y.W. Hao, The fabrication of short metallic nanotubes by templated electrodeposition. Nanotechnology, 20(44): 445607 (2009) (Featured on the cover)