Dr. Jiechao C. Jiang
CCMB Facility Manager
Office: (817) 272-0841
Ph.D. University of Science and Technology Beijing 1992
B.S. Northeast University, China, 1987
Full Curriculum Vitae
Research Lab Webpage
Dr. Jiang’s research involves
- processing-microstructure-property relationship in micro/nano-scale materials (thin films, coatings, surface layers and Nanomaterials)
- analytical TEM, high-resolution TEM, Scanning TEM, in-situ TEM, SEM, XPS/Auger
- crystallographic image processing and image simulation, microstructures and defects of advanced functional materials, atomistic structure of multiplayer and film/substrate interfaces self-assembled nanostructures for nano-electronic and optoelectric devices
- nucleation, growth mechanisms, interface structures and surface morphologies
- structural modeling and simulation of epitaxial thin films.
J.C. Jiang, R. Asuvathraman, K.V. Govindan Kutty, K.I. Gnanasekar, C.L. Chen. E.I. Meletis, Self-Assembled 3D Epitaxial Ionic Fluorite Gd2Zr2O7 Nanorods on (001) LaAlO3,Appl. Phys. Lett. 86, (2005) 163110.
J.C. Jiang, E.I. Meletis, C.L. Chen, Y. Lin, Z. Zhang, and W. K. Chu, Nanocomposite-like Structures in Epitaxial CaCu3Ti4O12 films on (001) LaAlO3, Philo Mag. Lett., 84 (2004) 443.
J.C. Jiang, W. J. Meng, A. G. Evans and C. V. Cooper, Structure and Mechanics of W-DLC Coated Spur Gears, Surf. Coat. Techno., 176 (2003) 50.
F.L. Wang, J.C. Jiang and E.I. Meletis, Self-assembled Co nanorods in diamond-like carbon thin films synthesized by plasma-assisted magnetron sputtering, Appl. Phys. Lett.,83 (2003) 2423.
J.C. Jiang, E.I. Meletis and K.I. Gnanasekar, Self-organized, ordered array of coherent orthogonal column nanostructures in epitaxial La0.8Sr0.2MnO3 thin films, Appl. Phys. Lett., 80 (2002) 4831.